“You have to eat here” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“You have to eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The range of food available is amazing. The portions are all very generous and the food served is excellent. If you want good home cooking at a reasonable price then this is the place to try.

Visited November 2012

Blackpool, England
“First Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had my first visit here recently on the recommendation of a friend. I have passed the restaurant many times but never gone in because I thought it was small, but what a surprise. There was more space in the back and when my husband and I went it was very full. That to me is good. Anyway we were shown to our table very quickly, which was cleaned well beforehand and the idea of having an item on the table to let the staff know when you are ready to order was a great idea. We ordered and it seem to take ages to arrive, but again it was busy and it was lunch time, so can accept that. The food was excellent, well presented and served. The one point that I would really like to make, and I have never seen this in any other eating establishments I have been in and that was that there were hand sanatizers outside the kitchen and every time a member of staff came out of the kitchen they used it. Well done Quilligans

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“A greasy spoon that rises too impress me. It's great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I'll keep it short-ish. Quilligans Cafe is no great shakes. But like ive said in my other reviews 'who the fudge cares?' Im always there first and foremost, for the grub. Im wet..im cold to the bone.. that wooden seat with the cushion on it looks like home so i just slump myself down with my shopping and grab the menu. It's moderately busy so there's a good atmosphere inside. Its warm and has a slight quirk to the place.

I like the menu. It's something your nan would give you if you know what i mean. Loads of choice and combo meal choices for like £5! Cheap as chips. I see the portion sizes whizz past me and they look generous. Just what i want.

I pick a sarnie. A big..CLT filled sarnie. (chicken lettuce tomato) With chips. I'm feeling hungry! It arrives- chips thick cut and piled high with my 3inch thick sarnie! I'm a happy happy bunny, The chicken has great char on it and the whole combo is just great. They even toasted my bread which i didn't ask for but they seem to know what it is i REALLY wanted. Which was my bread toasted. Great greasy spoon and a must on a wet, wintery day

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burnley, UK
“Quilligan's Cafe Bar - the best in Blackpool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Blackpool - the home of hen parties, the illuminations and fish & chips, but what if you just didn't fancy fish & chips? Unless you want to eat at Mcdonalds, Pizza Hut & KFC there isn't really anything else. I was in Blackpool with my mum just for an overnight stay and after looking round the shops, we decided to eat before going back to our B&B. Luckily, I had searched Tripadvisor for good places to eat and had read the good reports about Quilligan's Cafe Bar. Situated just further up than the Winter Gardens, we arrived at about 4.30 p.m. and as the place looked quiet I thought it was closing for the day. But we went in and was welcomed by Mark the waiter who said we could order whatever we wanted and showed us the menu. We chose the afternoon special of soup, any sandwich (except steak or fish), a scone with butter and jam and a cup of coffee for just £4!
We didn't feel rushed even though they close at 5 p.m. and I would highly recommend a visit if you want to eat good food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stranraer, United Kingdom
“Best cafe in Blackpool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

During our recent visit to Blackpool to do Christmas shopping- after our busy day at Freeport shopping complex and buying some gifts in Blackpool on the way back, me and my parents were really hungry and were looking for a good cafe to have a nice dinner at on our last night in Blackpool. We then spotted Quilligans and decided to go there.

When we went into Quilligans we were greeted by the friendly waiter who showed us to our table and was very polite and gave us a table mat that had red faced up and we were told to take as long as we want to look at the menu and take as long as we need to choose what we wanted to eat and then flip the mat to the yellow side when we were ready to order.

After doing this, the waiter came straight over to our table and once again was very helpful and got us our drinks while we waited. We did not wait long until our meals came to us and we really enjoyed our meals as they were delicious and were cooked to a high standard.

After we had finished the waiter came over and asked us if everything was ok- another example of the excellent service. The waiter then told us what desserts were available and gave us as long as we needed to make a decison and took our order once we were ready and the waitress came over and cleaned our table. Once again we did not wait long and the desserts were delicious and to a high standard like our main meals.

We then paid our bill which was very reasonable for what we had including our drinks and the cafe was very neat and tidy and the waiters/waitresses were always cleaning the cafe to keep it clean while people were waiting for their meals.

We will definetly be going back to Quilligans in future visits to Blackpool and Quilligans is located near HoundsHill shopping centre and the tower and is up the path from the Grand Theatre on Church street in Blackpool.

*For anybody looking for a good Sunday lunch in Blackpool, we noticed a Sunday Lunch menu in Quilligans which we looked at and like the main menu it had a great variety of meals on offer and is only £8 for two courses and £10 for three courses*

We would recommend Quilligans to anybody going to Blackpool and looking for a good meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere