“Perfect steaks” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Perfect steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

On a spring mid term break with my son and his friend ,i had promised them a nice steak meal on our last night , i decided to take them to buddiez american diner but on arrival found that it as closed down,long story short i asked someone for a good steakhouse and they pointed me to truffles ,when we went in we where the only diners but i was,nt suprised as it was only 16.30, anyway i cannot fault the food one little bit ,we had a combi starter between us , then sons friend had a sirloin which covered his plate and which he said in his words was bob on , son and i both went for the t-bone mine with the scampi side, once again the plates where covered ,and i cannot rememember the last time i had a steak meal out that was that good , and i was pleasantly suprised when i asked for the bill and it was only £74 which for starter for 3, massive steak meals for 3 and 6 drinks was more than value for money,will def be calling again nxt time in blackpool

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Bo'ness
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been coming here for over ten years and it has the best steaks in Blackpool, the food is always hot and freshly cooked and very tasty. I just need to walk in and my drink is on the table as I come every year at Easter as I attend a hockey festival and have been for over 25 years. The staff are excellent and very friendly and are always interested in how my hockey tournament is going. I have been at other times with my wife and other people and everybody has said the food is excellent

Visited March 2013
Wiltshire UK
“Eventful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Perhaps on one of the coldest nights of the year in a deserted Blackpool when confronted by a near full restaurant....however when the outside and decor from the front seems to be from a Fools and Horses episode of a typical Bernie inn then what can you do. We got a seat straight away. The waitress seemed to come from another decade or 4 and looked like Bo Selectas take on Scary Spice......but a lot older. But, the service was warm and genuine all served with a very real smile. The food was value for money and to be honest just what the doctor ordered.....a great atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Good? Or Bad?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We went there on Boxing day night as we couldnt seem to find a Chinese open. Had the Rib Eye steak. Nicely cooked but mine was quite gristly. All in all it was a mediocre experience. The staff were huddled behind the bar watching a very loud tele. No, we wouldnt go again. Only went cos there was nowhere else convenient available.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant steak, retro experience, place for rockers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My friend and I had seen AJ's Bistro recommended in our hotel guide and went there first. We left after seeing the pretencious prices for a steak!!!

Next door was Truffles, very modest shop front but there were people in there, and not tourists! We were waved to a table by the waitress and given menus. The music was good and the decor was seriously retro, I don't care that it was old fashioned, it had personality and atmosphere with all its odd portraits and wooden clad ceiling. At least you had something to look at unlike AJ's magnolia walls and cliché prints.

We both ordered fillet steaks and when I asked I asked if it came with anything she said "yes dear whatever you like, chips, new potatoes or a jacket" she was fab! It was a real have it your way kinda of place which is what we'd been craving all week. My steak was rare and perfect, as was my friend's medium steak.

I have really high standards and although the place could do with a dust, the food was excellent, I only had to cut off two tiny pieces of fat off a huge fillet steak and my friends was the same. The dinner crockery isn't the most modern but the food is honest and the staff are welcoming.

You have to have a banana split for pudding! Anywhere that still sells these and isn't an indian restaurant is a must go place! I was so happy I ate the whole thing, I felt a bit bad when the waitress was impressed that I'd finished it :-S

This is the only place I'll go back to in Blackpool. Although there was a chap trying to entertain his friends on the opposite table, by shooting a pea out of his noise...gross! :-)

Prices were good, pretty reasonable I though considering £18 for fillet with sauce. AJ's was more like £30 for the same thing!

• Visited December 2012