“Good Restaurant Gone Bad” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 533 Restaurants in Blackpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
edinburgh
“Good Restaurant Gone Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Been here a few times always loved it but sadly not this time booked 9pm 11/5 only one other table so very quiet so normally excellent service but not this time 2 young girls serving and were talking amongst themselves ignored us when we tried to order 2nd drinks so didn't bother starters we nice we have camembert and chicken livers but my main course or fish pie was horrible after being told my 1st choice was not available. We were ignored once main course was put on table. We were not offered desserts and had to get up to asked for bill as I think kitchen was closed 2 guys came out and sat on settee laughing with waitresses. Normally we are served by female owner but I feel as she wasn't there service standards slipped. We probably wont be back as food and service standards have slipped a lot

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Blackpool
“Top nosh and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to this restaurant for 9 years now personally and also recommend it to my guests as it is consistently good. In my business, recommending a good restaurant to my guests is crucial and AJ's never fails to impress. The food is always excellent, fresh and locally sourced. AJ's has been run for the last decade by the same family under the capable hands of Andrew and Julie and now Michael and Amanda. Fantastic to see the same high standards of food and customer service are being maintained and I wish them both all the very best for the future.

Visited May 2013
“The best fillet steak I've had in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I came here in a party of 13. We were greeted warmly on arrival. One of the girls even went out to get me Morgans Spiced Rum as I had asked for it! I ordered king prawns to start and a fillet steak diane. I have to say that both dishes were exceptional. The prawns were tasty and there were plenty of them. The steak was cooked to perfection (medium rare). It is so hard to get a steak cooked how you like it in the UK, not here it was pink in the middle and warm with a little blood, fantastic. The sauce was spot on as was the accompanying leeks (being a Welshman I'm quite partial to a good leek). Our entire party thoroughly enjoyed their food and there were numerous comments on how it was top quality. All in all, great staff, good wine list and fantastic food. Would definitely recommend this place to everyone. We will be back :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Consistently excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here several times and the food and service has always been top notch. Reasonable pricing, local food well seasoned and exceptionally tasty, service is warm and friendly without being overbearing and portion sizes are generous too! Would recommend happily to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Callander, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Booked a table for 10 people on the early bird menu for my sons 5th birthday and we ended up not being able to get there till 7.30 but the lady who runs ajs agreed to still let us have the early bird menu .
What can I say food lovely service fantastic will we be back defiantly thank you very much it would not be the same without the lady who runs the place she made us feel so at home and even phoned the lady who forgot to deliver our birthday cake THANKS for a great night and all in all fantastic value for money

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere