“Best in Blackpool” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #159 of 910 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best in Blackpool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have just had a weekend break here to watch the darts, myself my Fiancee and another couple. The guest house is certainly 4 stars, nothing was too much, the place is so clean and tidy and the 2 owners coundn't do enough for us. Location is perfect, it is far enough away from the loud part of the resort but close enough to walk anywhere, it is close to the North Pier and the tower, it was only 10 minutes to walk to the winter gardens. We are planning to go to the darts next year and the Ash Lea would be our choice to return. The Breakfasts are good and there is lots to choose from. I would certainly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

As a serial traveller I was not looking forward to the quality of my Blackpool Hotel for the Open, however I must be very lucky. The owners could not be helpful enough, a free upgrade to a double from the single I had paid for, they stayed open late for my late arrival, breakfast was cooked early for my daily "British Open" work and they have allowed me to leave all of my things all day on my departure day. The final piece of luck was the room quality which is excellent and all of this was for £30 per night. At this price this is a MUST stay, how anyone can downgrade this at £30 each per night must be mad. Many Thanks Ken.

Room Tip: Just Book as they should alll be good
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Staying here for one night this weekend just gone. I stayed i a top attic room but even that was spotless, very well kitted out and a very modern pleasing decor - offering a lot more for the money than expected - full of pleasant little surprises that made the guest feel special. Breakfast was top notch and the service was very good. So conveniently near to everything with the result that I did not have the chance to sample the in-house bar !

Dave and Alun made me feel very welcome - even allowing me to check in a bit early. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on top floor but it was still good with good natural lighting from the attic window.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Ive just come back from a week stay in this lovely hotel. This is my 2nd stay there with the family and loved everything about my stay, the rooms are clean, the hosts are great, and so is the food. We wanted to stay longer but all good things must come to an end, made to feel very welcome as always home from home. Dave and Alun were always there with a cup of tea and a chat after a day out shopping. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, the hosts couldnt do enough for you anything they could help you with they did, great fun week and will be going back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Widnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

excellent hotel, rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was lovely and Dave and Alan were very friendly and helpful, even give us an extra hour in bed! Would definetely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
flintshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My second stay in this lovely little hotel. First stay was last April when we found it by chance! It was so nice that a group of us ladies booked the hotel fully (14 guests) for a get together/shopping trip/ night out. Just like last time it didn't disappoint. Dave and Alun couldn't do enough for us, even making us all tea and coffee in the lounge whilst we settled in.
The rooms are spotless, nicely furnished and have everything you need for a comfortable stay. Far more than expected for the cost. And of course an lovely fresh breakfast to start the new day!
Would definatley recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Decorated and maintained beautifully. Really nice touches. Breakfast absolutely spot on. If you are going to blackpool you could not wish to stay anywhere nicer.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Ash Lea Hotel? Share your experiences!