“Absolutely first class on all levels” 5 of 5 stars

The Granville Hotel - Guest House
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   12 Station Road, Blackpool FY4 1BE, England   |
Ranked #377 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Absolutely first class on all levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We had a great stay at the Granville. Very clean and friendly with a great atmosphere. Wilf and Pat are excellent hosts and very friendly. We will definately stay there again. Thanks

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

my husband and i took our 1 year old grandson for the weekend to see the lights. We had a fantastic time ,the room was clean and nothing was to much trouble , we have been using this hotel for over 20 years and would highly recommend it any family . A big thankyou for making our stay so enjoyable yet again see you next year .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Fantastic time had by my family in a friendly, relaxed hotel. Excellent, stress-free breakfast (can rarely be said with young children in hotels) with delicious food and coffee. Wilf and Pat are the perfect hosts and take great care to ensure you enjoy your stay - from the comfortable mattresses & bedding to the added touch of bottled water on your coffee/tea trays. Will definately stay here again and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have stayed here twice now, and I would stay again. For me Blackpool is for a short break and this place offers everything you require. It is situated in a fantastic location near to the famous Pleasure Beach, piers, travel links and plenty of places to eat. The rooms are spotless and cleaned every day. I think each has their own en-suit, and has a hair-dryer, T.V, plenty of storage and enough room that everyone is not on top of each other. Downstairs there is a fully stocked bar with plenty of seated areas, and Wilf (one of the owners) is a great barman fully equipt with a sence of humour that will keep you in fun all night. Decor is quite typical of most places in the area, but again is spotless. Pat (the other owner) is very much queen of the kitchen. With Pat cooking up a storm that will keep you ticking over until dinner, Wilf will serve you with a smile. The only complaint I would have is that not all of the beds are exactly comfortable, however they do the job and a good night sleep is always enjoyed. Pat and Wilf will let you know plenty about all the local attractions, having been to them all themselves. They will also be able to let you know about all the good place to eat, and how to get about all the places you want to visit. For me Pat and Wilf help make the holiday, and I think the rooms are very well priced for what you get back. Any time I will go back to Blackpool for a short break this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My partner and I decided to go to Blackpool to celebrate our birthdays as we love the pleasure beach, we were looking for somewhere near and what a gem we found. The Granville Hotel was great, very clean and tidy, the breakfast was lovely more than I could eat and plenty of choice, and the cooked breakfast was superb, the first morning I ordered the full breakfast but couldn't manage it all so the next morning I ordered just a few items and they were just as good, the room we were in was at the back of the hotel and very quiet and I have to say I had the best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel, the bed was so comfy, the bathroom spotless with shower gel and shampoo which I have to say in my experience is unusual for an b & b and we got fresh towels each day. If you are looking for a B & B in Blackpool I would definitely recommend this one and it also has a bar, I have to say the owners and Wilf and Pat are so welcoming and are such a laugh I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

I stayed at this hotel with my mum and loved every minute of it. the couple who own this hotel are very nice and helpful told us a large variety of things to do which were helpful to us.

this hotel is brilliant in alot of ways, really clean,relaxed atmosphere with a excellent food selection, very close to the theme park were we were able to watch our shows.

i will be returning very very soon!!!!

• Liked — the friendliness of staff, centre, everything i needed
  • Disliked — nothing at all
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Granville Hotel - Guest House? Share your experiences!