“Fantastic Blackpool Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 886 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Cheshire
“Fantastic Blackpool Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

What a fantastic Hotel. Went with friends this weekend and had a brilliant time. Julie and Sophie couldnt have been better hosts, the room was spotless and the bed was very comfy with a nice warm duvet. Everything we needed to know was in the inroom information book. Breakfast was fab, lots to eat and very well cooked, I would definately use again and wouldnt hestitate to recommend. Brilliant location as a 5 min walk to funny girls, tower lounge and bars and restaurants, and 10 mins to shops and primark! Couldnt have been any better.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay at the Belvedere and would definitely recommend it to others. The hotel is in a great location - a short walk to shops, entertainment and the promenade. The rooms were lovely and clean, the bar was well stocked, the breakfast was excellent and Julie and Sophie were a great help in suggesting places to eat and drink etc. Thank you for a really enjoyable stay !

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Thought I'd write a few words to say how much I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The owners were really friendly and very hospitable: the extra toast at breakfast after a late night before was greatly appreciated ! Would definetly stay again :-)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Ayr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I have stayed at the Belvedere Hotel in Blackpool for over ten years now and it just gets beter every stay. Sophie and Julie go out of their way to make you feel so welcome. The rooms and rates are fanastic! The Breakfast sets you up for the day. However the best thing about a stay at the Belvedere is the friendly,relaxed and welcoming atmosphere!

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

every 6 months we meet up with friends we met on holiday last August, this is the first time we stayed at the belvedere and will certainly not be the last, had a fantastic stay, very friendly hosts, wonderfully clean bedrooms and superb breakfast, could not help you enough, very close to town centre pubs and clubs, will def be booking for our reunion again next March.

Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

We have been staying at the Belvedere for more than 7 years now and would never think of staying anywhere else when in Blackpool. Our latest stay was wonderful, from the time of arrival to departure we were looked after superbly by Sophie and Julie.
The hotel is spotlessly clean,the room was fantastic, breakfast is delicious and is all you need until evening.
Our room now had a nice flat screen digital tv which was great.
The bar is lovely and cosy and is nice to sit in for a drink and a chat before an evening out. The Belvedere is ideally situated, only a short walk to town centre, promenade and nightlife.
But what really makes The Belvedere so wonderful are the hosts Sophie and Julie, absolutely nothing is too much trouble for them, not only are they brilliant hosts they are genuinely very nice people!
A stay at The Belvedere is highly recommended and we are both looking forward to staying there again soon!

SELBY, NORTH YORKSHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed at this B&B for one night on 2nd October, I booked it the day before! I had tried a few other B&B’s before this one but all were fully booked! I always use Trip Advisor before booking and have to say I wasn’t disappointed with this B&B!

The hosts were most welcoming and very accommodating to my dietary requirements (she even knocked £5 off as I wasn’t having the breakfast and was bringing my own due to being on a special diet!) The hosts have only had the B&B 18 months but you can tell they are trying their best to put their mark on it – I wish them well for the future!

I booked at double room at the cost of £27.50 per person per night (I didn’t think this was bad taking into account it was illuminations period!). This price included breakfast.

THE ROOM
We were allocated room 5 and it was ideal for what we wanted. A double bed with a wardrobe, set of drawers and en suite shower room! The room had kettle and drinks – even some biccies (not that I was allowed to munch on them!!). My only issues with the room were that A) it was quite cold, I turned the radiator up to the highest option but it didn’t seem to warm the room and when we got in from Funny Girls the room was chilly – an excuse to snuggle up though!! B) The location of the TV was terrible. As it was a flat screen it was almost impossible to view the TV properly as with all flat screens you have to be face on or sitting from a distance, I found myself sitting at the other side of the room to view! This could be solved by simply lowering the TV and not having as high as it is!! Overall the room was lovely and clean! Should you need an iron you can get this from the ladies downstairs, the ironing board was located just outside room 5!!

THE BREAKFAST
I didn’t have the breakfast but my boyfriend did. We both went to the dining room which is at the front of the property. It was miserable looking out at the windy rainy cold weather but the same cant be said for the breakfast, which although looked small portion was more than lovely and my boyfriend munched it all down! He didn’t have the cereals, etc he just had the cooked breakfast!! He enjoyed so that was him happy! The hosts were accommodating in supplying me with hot water to enable me to have my special porridge – thanks girls!!

THE BAR
We didn’t have a drink at the B&B bar but from what I saw when we checked in it was a very small bar, so should you want somewhere to sit on an evening I would perhaps suggest a B&B / Hotel with a bigger lounge area. Other than that it was quite cosy!!

THE LOCATION
The B&B is on Dickson Road – perfect location for Funny Girls! Its literally about 5 – 7 mins walk straight up the road and there you have it! We went on the Friday night…….its somewhere I have always wanted to go but never got round to it. I have to say I thought the seated area was a little over priced! To stand was £6 but there were literally no seats in this area and to sit was £17.50 each! I didn’t want to pay £17.50 so opted for the £6 but ended up going back and up grading!!! I couldn’t bear the thought of standing from 7.30pm to nearly midnight!!
The others bars are easy to get to, probably about a 5-7 min walk in the opposite direction to Funny Girls! We didn’t go to any other bars but that wasn’t cos we didn’t want to its just cos we were tired after Funny Girls!!
A walk into town would probably take you about 15mins – there is a huge Primark so make sure you pack your walking shoes as you may be in a while!!

Can’t think of anything else to say about the B&B…....oh hang on!

PARKING!
There is no parking at the B&B but we were lucky enough to get a spot outside the fish & chip / kebab shop just down from the B&B and it didn’t cost us! If you can’t get parked here you will have to look at the side streets but I’m sure you will find a spot!

Anyway, that’s the review finished!

If you have any questions just ask!

I won’t hesitate in staying here in the future!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Belvedere-77, Owner at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
Thank you for your extremely informative review. We value customer feedback and we will take your points into account.

Regards Belvedere Hotel.

Been to Belvedere Hotel? Share your experiences!