“Lovely apartment” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   48 Alexandra Rd, Blackpool FY1 6BU, England   |
Ranked #401 of 897 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Lovely apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here last year for a week with my partner and 2 family members. The apartment was on for disabled but not much room if you was in a wheelchair all the time. Overall the room was nicely laid out and had everything you need for your stay. The owners are really nice people and told us a couple of places to visit. We will returning again either this or next year.

• Stayed July 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just wanted to let readers know we were at the Lindisfarne again this year for our summer holidays in July and had the best time ever. We stayed in Flat 1 as we usually do and as I have said before we think of this as an extension of our own home because it has everything you need, it is spacious, clean and comfortable.
Mark and Mimi are always on hand and are willing to help in any way they can.
My views are shared by other reviewers but I have to make a comment about the rubbish written by trudie_allanson of Corby who reviewed 8th October. To start with the Lindisfarne is holiday apartments and not a hotel as she has stated, the flat at the back of the main building is a lovely, well maintained flat that certainly does not need to be knocked down. My disabled friend stays in this flat at the summer and it meets all of her needs!! The cleanliness of all flats is excellent as I have been in all of them in fact I have been at the Lindisfarne 3 times this year, once in January soon after I lost my Mum as I needed to be somewhere other than home and couldn't think of anywhere I would rather be at this time, at the summer and in September with my friend.
I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to leave a review with this type of negativity is not fair, far less true, as I know for a fact that the information trudie_allanson said she was given before her family booked would not have been given as Mark nor Mimi would give this incorrect information.
Yes it's true there is no toilet roll in the flats but then what part of this is a holiday apartment does she not understand? Thought it was also a cheap trick to promote the other hotel she stayed at on the Lindisfarne's review page.
Finally sorry you didn't enjoy the Lindisfarne and hope your bad review makes you feel better, oh yes and glad you enjoyed your stay at the other hotel.

Room Tip: Flat 1 is suitable for families and main bedroom is always lovely and cool as it is at side of build...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Blackburn, West Lothian United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

10/10/12
Just back from another pleasant stay at the lindisfarne. Again Mark & Mimi were very friendly and always offer to help me get my car up the alley, the alley is perfectly fine (yes it is narrow) but Mark/Mimi are first to ask you if you want them to park your car up for you.
The flat was perfect for 2 people. Plenty of space, nice and cosy. The kitchen area/living area is great just to chill out. All of room was very spotless and tidy.
Bathroom was spacious, perfect size for all our needs. And again was spotless.
Mark/Mimi always give us lots of helpful information about what is on in blackpool. It was my boyfriends first time here and hes a very fussy person but absoloutley loved it here at Lindisfarne and didn't want to come home! He's already talking about coming down next summer to!
I don't see why people write such bad reviews on here. The flats are perfect and good value for money. Its just like another home!

Room Tip: any room, have been in 4 different rooms and they are all great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed our stay at lindisfarne. We have stayed there a few times now, as the people who run it are very polite and friendly. Our room was perfect and good value for money. It contained everything we needed in the kitchen and the beds were very comfortable. The apartments are in a good place not too far from all of blackpools attractions. I will be going to stay again!

• Stayed March 2012
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The first time I stayed at the Lindisfarne was a few years ago and since then my family and I have returned every year - more than once! On our very first arrival we were made to feel very welcome by the owners and found the hotel's warm family atmosphere very inviting. The room was very spacious with everything you would expect in a self catering apartment and was also very clean. Another place to stay has never crossed my mind since we first stayed here, it's a home from home for us for the perfect uk break.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Corby
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family of 12 were booked in to stay at this hotel last weekend. 2 of the family are disabled and we had contacted the hotel prior to arrival to ensure that both could be accommodated for their needs.
my mother was booked into the flat at the rear of the property in to what we were told was for disabled but upon arrival the only thing adapted in this flat was the ramp at the front no wheelchare width doors. No lighting to the outside of the flat which was accessed by a poorly maintained alleyway. no rails any where in the flat, nothing about the bathroom was adapted. had a step up square shower tray with no seat or even grab rails just a curtain so would have meant us holding my mother up to wash. in the bedroom the bed fit wall to wall so no way to get a wheelchair in close enough to get her into bed. This flat is so outdated and poorly maintained it should be knocked down! Then to make matters worse when we asked at booking how many stairs the second disabled person would have to manouver we were told 3. when they went to book him in it was a flight of 16 then a 2nd floor of 5 and a long corridor!! when we questioned being told 3 they said well there are 3 at the front of the hotel!!!! Also be aware teh owner will have the heating on for your arrival but then you have to put £1 coins into a heater for the rest of your stay!!! And they don't even supply toilet roll!!
This establishment which by the way is not even registered with enjoyengland.com so her star rating comes only from a local man who has gone round blackpool doing his own ratings ....The owners attitude was out of order and response was only that it was upto us to sort but she wanted her money and we would not be getting any refunds. i had to go and find another hotel which was properly adapted for disabled users at a further cost and i have to say it was fantastic!! 100% cleaner and more modern that Lindisfarne. the staff couldnt be more helpful had greart facilties thought we had already hired scooters they would have done it for us. had facitlites to charge scooters and any issues we had she dealt with them for us with the provider as we had a faulty battery and tyre. so if ever going to blackpool DO NOT GO HERE!!! go to the ASHLEY VICTORIA up the street a little bit more expensive but great rooms and staff, bar and breakfast.

Room Tip: a room at any different hotel is a good room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hyypia4, Owner at Lindisfarne Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
It's such a one sided review you have written. Why did you not mention your relative that vomited chinese take away all round the front of the property and then left it there, or your other relative in your group that kept ringing the doorbell at 2.30am and 3.20am because she was so drunk she couldn't remember or bother with her keys?
It is blatantly obvious that we are not with Visit England but we are accredited by Yes Hotels, who are a local based company with expertise in the travel industry. I have showed them your libellous comment and they have passed it on to their legal team.
We are not registered in any way as offering disabled care, which is always pointed out at time of booking as there is no room for error when dealing with peoples' disabilities. I informed you of the lay out of the building like I do with every other guest, it was your decision which apartments you booked.
The apartment that you wish to knock down is a very popular apartment and is constantly booked out to guests. It offers ground floor access to people with mobility issues and has never been stated as being fitted out with handles etc.
There wasn't any need for you to seek out other accomodation as the ground floor flat could easily house the two people in your party. That was your choice.
You are very welcome to stay elsewhere again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Booked last minute, wasn't expecting a lot because the price was so cheap and was some bad reviews but on arrival i was pleasantly surprised. i don't understand why people were so negative when paying that sort of price.
Both myself and my husband have trouble sleeping when we go away but we both had a fab sleep.
The hosts are friendly and welcoming and the only downside to the stay was the shower was a bit small and the water was temprimental in the mornings other than that a great stay and would definatly stay there again :-)

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Lindisfarne Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!