“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Autumn Leaves Guest House

You added Autumn Leaves Guest House to your Saves list
Autumn Leaves Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   29 Broad Street, Windermere LA23 2AB, England   |
Ranked #8 of 111 Windermere B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Run by Rob and Sara, this charming BnB is well worth a visit. This couple have clearly learnt that a warm and genuine welcome goes a long way, and they really seem to want you to feel welcomed and at home.

The room, in the eaves of the house was pleasant, clean and sunlit from a large high windows, and featured a compact but functional en suite. Quiet, comfy bed etc.

Breakfast, in a lovely dining room, is freshly cooked to order and excellent. The location, 5 mins walk from the train station, and 3 mins from the restaurants in town, is ideal. They provide a handy welcome note with advice on where is good to eat and drink (tip: have a coffee at Cafe Italia and dinner at Francine's - both are superb!).

I don't have a bad thing to say about the place. As and when I return to Windermere, I will stay with these guys again.

Room Tip: Room 6, up in the eaves, with its sloped ceilings is a lovely room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my first time visiting the Lake District since I was very young. From the moment I stayed at the guest House to the moment I left Rob and Sara made me and my girlfriend feel at home.

I have stayed in many places in the UK but this was the best, Rob and Sara will help you with anything, including helping you get and find the best deals. Once again Rob many thanks for the 50% discount on the ferry :D

The bedroom was a decent size and was extremely clean. The bathroom was a fair size and again was very clean.

Would highly recommend you give this place a try.

Thanks for the wonderful experience.
Martyn & Sandy (Sheffield)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I would strongly recommended it to others. Everything is lovery, clean and warm. It was a lovery house with flower-decorated windows on the charming street. Windermere Railway Station is only 5 minutes away. It's short of nothing. Everything I want is there - cosy, fully-equipped room, great, hot and freshly cooked breakfast, strong Wi-fi signal, powerful hair-dryer, amenities made from natural ingredients. My bathroom was not en-suite, but it was on the same floor and totally private. The owners Rob and Sarah are very friendly and hospitable. They helped me kindly when I couldn't arrive on time and when I left my (heavy) luggage after check-out. And, I stayed upstairs and had a very heavy suitcase (about 30 pounds!), but Rob was very strong so he helped me to carry it. Actually, he lifted it up over his chest and carried it into room quickly, and was ready for more.:P
I had a great time. I'd like to stay once again. I'll learn English and get to speak English better till I come back someday. (I visited Lake District before I start to learn English in Edinburgh.) Thank you Rob and Sarah!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Oldham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed 2 nghts after completing the Dales Way walk. Very friendly welcome, comfortable rooms and excellent breakfast. Great location close to the centre of Windermere with plenty of choice for eating out. Unfortunately wasn't able to take advantage of the spa pass. Perhaps next time?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked to stay at Autumn Leaves following reviews read on Tripadvisor and we certainly were not disappointed. We stayed in room 6 which is at the top of the house, the room is compact but that certainly posed no problems, and my husband is 6ft 3, the room was tastefully decorated, was exceptionally clean and smelt gorgeous. We had an en-suite bathroom which was also modern, clean and tidy. We were provided with towels and complimentary toiletries, which was a nice touch. The room was lovely and warm and my husband was totally enamoured by the veloux windows and the fact he could star gaze when lying in bed!
Breakfast was provided between 8 - 8.45 am, cereal, yoghurts, pain au chocolate, fresh orange as well as either a full cooked breakfast, bacon or sausage sandwich or vegetarian option. There was certainly enough on offer to set you up for the day and the quality was good as well as very tasty. Rob and Sarah were really lovely, we felt welcome from the minute we arrived, their friendliness was totally genuine and Rob was really helpful in recommending places to eat as well as giving us advice on where to visit. Spa pass for hotel in Bowness was an added bonus. We were able to park outside the B & B and it is ideally situated within a short walking distance of cafe's and restaurants.
Big thanks to Rob and Sarah, who once they found out it was our anniversary, surprised us with a lovely card and a bottle of bubbly.
We'll definitely be back and will happily recommend Autumn Leaves to everyone we know.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Was due to go to Wales with our friends the Smiths, but was let down very badly by Virgin, so trawled the Internet for last minute break and spotted this little gem of a guest house. Reviews were spot on, can only emphasis further. Rob and Sara were great hosts, full of good information on places to eat. Rooms were compact, but tastefully decorated and very well maintained, the ideal location for sightseeing of Windermere. Sara provided a hearty full English breakfast and beans (lol). Will definitely recommend to our friends and hopefully we will return at some point in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights at the end of august. The rooms were very modern and incredibly clean, the breakfast was delicious and the hosts were willing to cater to all our needs. The free spa pass was a lovely bonus and was a nice way to wind down at the end of the day. Brilliant recommendations for things to do/eat from Rob. Cant wait to come back in the winter, Joe and Hollie.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Autumn Leaves Guest House? Share your experiences!