We have just returned from a fantastic weekend break at Wheatlands Lodge, and we thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the stay.
Its location is ideal, just off the main road so nice and quiet but close enough to plenty of shops, pubs, restaurants and the Lake.
We (two couples) booked two rooms, one on the ground floor with an en-suite bathroom with a shower and the other on the first floor with an en-suite bathroom with a bath. Both rooms and all communal areas were finished to an extremely high standard with recent redecoration.
The owners Richard and Yvonne were very friendly, in fact it just felt like we were staying in an extension to their home. We were made to feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble and we really appreciated the special little touches. We will certainly visit again, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Thank you both for your hospitality it was much appreciated by us all, but especially the 50 year old on his big day !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wheatlands Lodge is 5 star Bed and Breakfast situated in the centre of Windermere on a quiet road just off the main road fro Windermere to Bowness. All our rooms are en-suite . Windermere is a 20 minute walk from the Lake. We are 5 minutes away from Windermere station . Our breakfasts are homemade using the highest quality ingredients available. We make all our own bread , yoghurt ,mueslis, jams and award winning marmalades. Fresh tea or coffee and homemade cakes are offered on arrival. Free Wifi is available throughout the house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Wheatlands Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wheatlands Hotel Windermere
- Wheatlands Lodge Windermere, Lake District