“Foodies paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 112 Windermere B&B and Inns
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Foodies paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed for one night in April. We were greeted warmly by the owner and tajen to the room. The room was nice and the ensuite spotlessly clean.The only downside was that it only had a shower and after an active day walking, a soak would have been very welcome. However, that is probably my own oversight for not checking when I booked. It was also a bit of a juggle with the tea tray on the dressing table and kettle by the TV as plug sockets were limited.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the meal was just superb. Chris is a truly talented chef and richly deserves the many awards displayed in the hallway of the hotel. The asparagus was perfectly cooked and my steak just fantastic. Portions are very generous and two courses would have more than sufficed but I was not going to pass up the opportunity to sample the lemon and lime tart. I was not not disappointed...it was heavenly!
We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at the Jericho for 5 nights the room we stayed in (room 9) was lovely and had a good size bathroom. We had breakfast there every day and this was also tasty and offered a range of different food you could choose from. The hotel is situated around a mile from the more busy tourist spot of bowness were you can catch the boat trips the walk there is pleasant and pretty easy. The best thing about the hotel though must be the food we ate there on the last night of our stay and both agreed the food was up there with the best we had ever eaten. Also must say the two owners are very good hosts and so were the younger girls who worked there at breakfast and the evening.

Room Tip: We had room 9 which we can reccomend.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Lovely 2 night stay here in a superior room. Staff were excellent and can highly recommend the restaurant fab service and lovely touches.....the homemade chocolates were gorgeous. Excellent location too. Look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

stayed at jerichos for 2 nights and a mixed bag really. The room itself is fine but they seemed to be set up for being a restaurant and the rooms bit was a little restrictive. Turned up early on the day and was sent away until the check in time of 2 pm and whilst we didn't expect to get in the room early, we also didn't expect that we couldn't have sat in the lounge, or brought our bags in. Other main gripe was that breakfast had a very strict 8.00 to 8.45am slot and frankly when on holiday this isn't acceptable. The breakfast itself was excellent. The people were nice (except when we couldn't get in) and as I say the room itself was airy and well presented but requirements of the guests seemed to take a back seat to their ease of managing the guest interactions.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed here while on a business trip, and enjoyed an excellent meal. There had been some confusion because I had not properly registered that this is a restaurant-with-rooms, not a hotel with a great restaurant.

Once you get over that, it's no problem. In fact it is excellent.

Although not a vegetarian by conviction, I ate an all vegetarian menu - and it was simply superb - assisted by a very useful wine tasting deal.

Room Tip: My room, no 5, (I had gained a 45% discount on a very late booking - about 45 minutes before arrivin...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Whitburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night with my partner on hiking trip and found Jerichos to be a good base to stay in Windermere. We paid £90 for a 'deluxe' room which I think was 'pushing the boat out a little', I have stayed in more plush rooms for less cost and 'standard' room would have probably been more accurate. In a place like Jericho's there, I dont think there is any point in staying there unless you eat in the restaurant, the proprieter has been lauded as one of the best chefs in cumbria and the dining experience was pretty special. Again, if you want to save money, go to a cheap pizzeria, there are several in Windermere but you generally get what you pay for and the steak was exquisite! All round good experience and I would definately eat there again but as far as accommodation, I think there are equally good places which are a bit more gentle on the wallet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My partner and I stayed here in May and I have been meaning to write a review ever since! we had a really lovely time in Windermere, and Jerichos was just gorgeous. One of the owners met us when we arrived and showed us the room. We had the small double - which was more than adequate for us and beautifully decorated. On the website we booked with it said not to book a small double if the size of the room was important to us. It isn't, and we were very happy with the price (£80/night) and quality of the room. We had dinner there one of the nights - started with champagne in the lounge room, then we moved to the dining room for one of the best meals I have have ever had - duck breast marinated in garlic, thyme and red wine, with caramelised onion, roasted pepper and courgette, herbed cous cous and red wine jus - Amazing!! Also there was some big football game the night I had booked the restaurant (much to my partners dismay!) - and the waitress was lovely bringing us updates on the scores!! Breakfast was early, but delicious, and it made us get up and out exploring at a good time! We went hiking, visited Windermere lake and the nearby stone circles; we also loved Beatrix Potter world! It was a magical weekend, thank you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Jerichos Guest House? Share your experiences!