After much searching on Tripadvisor for accommodation in the Lake District we settled on this b&b for our 2 night stay as it met both our needs and budget. From the moment we arrived we knew we had chosen well. Jennifer was really welcoming and happy to provide information and recommendations for the area. We stayed in the Rydal room which was small but spotlessly clean and had everything we needed and more. There was a plentiful supply of toiletries, a kettle with tea and coffee making supplies and home made biscuits. The highlight of the stay was the breakfast cooked by Stephen. I had both the banana and apple pancakes which were both excellent and my husband said his full english and kippers were also extremely tasty and well cooked. The Archway is what a b&b should be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Archway Guesthouse- A good quality, small 4 star guesthouse in a quiet spot in Windermere village. We pride ourselves for giving all those little extras. All food locally sourced with an extensive award winning breakfast menu (homemade jam and marmalade) catering for all dietary requirements. Homemade biscuits in the rooms, as well as DVD/CD players and big comfy beds. Great location close to the station suitable for exploring the lakes with or without transport/ parking available. Breakfast included in the price. Prices are based on two people sharing per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Archway Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Archway Guesthouse Hotel Windermere
- Archway Guesthouse Windermere, Lake District