We stayed here for a long weekend at the start of October. The hotel is charming, very cosy and welcoming but with a high standard! We were warmly welcomed by Nick after a much longer drive drown to the Lakes than I remembered - the pot of tea and home made lemon drizzle cake went down a treat! The hotel is literally round the corner from a huge range of lovely resturants, pubs and quaint shops - perfect! We walked down to Bo'ness - about half an hours stroll and took the boat to Ambleside - a nice day out, we even remembered to pinch a bit of left over toast from breakfast to feed the ducks! The breakfast is cooked as you order it, so it takes a bit longer to arrive, but worth waiting for - much better than a dried up buffet! Refills of coffee, tea and toast flowed freely. I would definitely recommend this lovely hotel to anyone - service, attention to detail and location are spot on! And having he only room with a bath was a real treat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ravensworth is a traditional Lakeland guest house with plenty of character offering a warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Only a few minutes walk from the centre of Windermere village and railway station, very close to shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Ravensworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ravensworth Hotel Windermere
- The Ravensworth Windermere, Lake District