Me and my mum stayed at hillthwaite house on a two night stay 11th march 2013. I was delighted by the friendly greeting and amposhere, staff are lovely , very attentive. The food is 5* rating . Breakfast is a hot menu to order and Ceral/fruit buffet setting, evening menu was 5 courses, not to much choice on the menu which is good as all sounds so lovely. Room had a slight moden twist . There is free safe parking and the location is only at 10 minute stroll to windmere town centre , 15 minute drive to Ambleside/grassmere/hawshead. All great places we visited. The hotel is high up so amazing views of the lake and mountains , lovely sitting room with a log fire. Would like to thank the staff for making our break pleasurable and relaxing. I would 100% recommend and stay again my self.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find Hillthwaite House Hotel is the most ideal accommodation for all types of breaks including short breaks or for use as a base for your walking holiday in the Lake District National Park. Impeccable service and comfort, lovely food sourced from local produce, friendly, attentive staff and the many guests that return to us time after time speak for itself. For Lake District Hotels please look no further than Hillthwaite House Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, T4B, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hillthwaite House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Hillthwaite House Hotel Windermere, Lake District