“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 112 Windermere B&B and Inns
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have returned today from a two night stay in room 8, this hotel is absolutely beautiful and Martin and his colleagues are extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. We would highly recommend it to anybody and the hearty breakfast will set you up for a day of exploring the Lake District.
The hotel is within walking distance of both Windermere and Bowness where you can find many coffee shops and restaurants, although we would recommend Rumours in Bowness where we had a wonderful meal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My friend and I just came back from two nights here and it was such a lovely place.
Car park available at the back, gorgeous rooms with lots of mirrors and chandeliers, very pretty and clean with a good attention to detail.
We only had a tiny room I think because it was a last minute.com deal but it was still really nice, we had a clean en suite and a comfy bed with feather bedding. We had chocolates on arrival and well stocked hot drink making facilities in the room. It was really nice and warm too.
The hotel is perfectly situated between Windermere centre and Bowness, 10 minutes walking distance.
It was very quiet and we didn't hear any noise from outside or other guests.
You can come and go as you please without really seeing the owners except at breakfast, both were very personable and professional.
Breakfast was very good, lots of options available. My only criticism of our stay is that the English breakfast didn't have a sausage or beans!
Thanks for having us, I would definitely stay here again and I encourage others to.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from staying at the Hilton House for two nights in room 4, the standard double. Beautiful little guest house. Great location between Windermere (5mins) and Bowness (15mins) on foot. The room is small but very cosy and breakfast was wonderful, the staff couldn't do enough for guests. Would highly recommend to anyone. Thank you

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay in the hilton house. We stayed in room 8. Lovely decoration, clean and extremely comfortable. The staff were lovely, chatty, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice. The guesthouse is 5 minutes walk into windermere and about 20 to bowness, although we got the bus from winderemere to bowness pier, 5-10 journey. A lovely experience and would return!

• Stayed October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely two night stay at Hilton House. It is within easy walking distance of both Windermere and Bowness, each of which have loads of restaurants and cafes to choose from.

Hilton House itself is beautifully decorated, the rooms are cosy and comfortable. We had Room 2, right above the dining room,which was perfect for our needs. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom clean with a very good shower.

The owners were lovely and let guests come and go as they please, we were even able to check in early. Breakfast was gorgeous and quickly prepared, don't let the lack of sausage put you off! The one tiny negative I have is that our room was slightly out of range for the Wi-Fi, but as I said, that's just me being picky.

Would definitely return next time we visit the lakes. Thanks for having us.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We can't really say enough about this place. Our first stay in Windermere and we chose well. Very friendly staff, lovely clean cosy and well decorated room and tasty breakfast. Ideally situated between Windermere town (5 mins walk) and Bowness (10 mins walk) with ample restuarants and bars. This place a real gem and would recommend to anyone. Definitely coming again

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I have just spent 2 nights here and stayed in Room 5 - I have to say, I did read that some rooms were quite small, and this was one of them, but it didnt effect ourstay what-so-ever! The room was small, but if you dont spend much time there, then it isnt a problem, the only thing negative I have to say is that the bed was small, and we are not used to that as we sleep in a super kingsize!! The bed is a four poster, and was comfy and clean! Same as everything else! Another thing , which I find wrong with so many hotels and B&B's...is the squeaky floorboards...there are always squeaky..:/ which can be fixed am sure, it gets quite noisy at night if you get up and Im always aware of who I may be disturbing underneath. The Hotel situation is ideal, and its 2 mins from Windermere and 20 mins walk to Bowness, Breakfast was lovely too,my husband just missed the usual sausage on the English Breakfast and Beans,which costs so little but would make the breakfast 10/10. A lovely Hotel, with lovely pleasant staff, I would definately stay again, but would choose Room 2 which is bigger with a bigger bed and nice big window at the front.

Room Tip: if I stayed again I would choose Room 2 - 3 or 8 as they look bigger with bigger beds!!