This was our 2nd visit to Storrs Gate House, we booked directly with them for three nights and got a discount which was cheaper than booking via other sites, and we even got a voucher when we left, with discount off our next stay. It's a lovely place to stay and is great value for money.
The breakfast is to die for, the owners are friendly, helpful and can’t do enough for you. We stayed in the king-size Jacobean four poster suite with sitting room – it's spacious and has really comfy armchairs, perfect to crash in after a long walk! The location is great, just on the outskirts of Bowness with a lovely walk along the lake side with gorgeous views. Even being on a junction, at night it was quiet and relaxing and we had a good night’s sleep.
Will go back again and can't recommend it enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast of the Year - Cumbria Tourism Awards 2009.Five Stars with Silver Award - luxury accommodation opposite Lake Windermere. 15 minutes walk from Bowness-on-Windermere, our family run guest house offers personal service by friendly owners. Breakfasts feature local and home-made produce. Four poster and king-size rooms, power showers, White Company toiletries. We aim to ensure you will want to return! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Storrs Gate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Gate House Hotel Windermere
- Storrs Gate House Windermere, Lake District