This hotel is centrally located. The staff are friendly, welcoming and extremely hard working. There is no lift in the hotel. However we were offered assistance with our luggage. The room was lovely and warm when we arrived. Breakfast was great too. The hotel is an ideal location for exploring the many walks, restaurants and facilities of both Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere. Orrest head is a short walk from the hotel. There are lovely views of the lake from the top. The hotel is ideal for those wishing to travel further afield. We went to Ambleside, Grasmere, Keswick also to Dove Cottage and Hill Top. I can recommend the Lighthouse restaurant in Windermere, the Ship Inn and New Hall Inn (more commonly known as "the hole in the wall" in Bowness-on-Windermere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly acclaimed non smoking hotel with free leisure facilities, just 5 minutes walk from Windermere, new deluxe rooms with jacuzzi spa baths & rain showers, four poster beds, family rooms, self catering cottages, free parking, great restaurant & bar, just totally refubished to a high standard, outstanding in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenburn Hotel And Restaurant
- Glenburn Hotel Windermere
- The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant Windermere, Lake District