We stayed at the Glenburn Hotel for 2 nights for a weekend break. It's located between Windermere and Bowness; around a 5 minute walk to Windermenre and 10 to 15 minutes to Bowness. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and all seem to work very hard to look after their guests. The hotel is fairly small and traditional, which allows for a lovely personal touch. The room was very clean and well maintained; it wasn't huge but was of a comfortable size (though the bathroom was large) and the decor was contemporary. I found the bed to be a little hard. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and this included a choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurts and a full English breakfast, for which there was also a vegetarian option. The food was good quality and was served promptly by the very efficient staff. The hotel has a comfortable lounge and small bar where guests can relax. There didn't appear to be a lift so the hotel is probably not suitable for people who have difficulty climbing stairs. The cost was reasonable and compared very favourably to other similar hotels in the area. We would definately stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly acclaimed non smoking hotel with free leisure facilities, just 5 minutes walk from Windermere, new deluxe rooms with jacuzzi spa baths & rain showers, four poster beds, family rooms, self catering cottages, free parking, great restaurant & bar, just totally refubished to a high standard, outstanding in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenburn Hotel And Restaurant
- Glenburn Hotel Windermere
- The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant Windermere, Lake District