“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is my first review on TripAdvisor, I felt like I had to let everyone know what an amazing stay I had! My boyfriend and I booked for a romantic getaway to celebrate being together 4 years and Valentines Day. First impressions: The hotel was lovely, clean and tastefully decorated throughout. When we got to the reception desk we were greeted by a lovely lady, and I must say, everyone who worked at the hotel who we spoke to were fantastic, pleasant and so accommodating. I had spoken to a lady on the phone prior to the visit and mentioned that we were coming for our 'anniversary' and Valentines Day. We were given a complimentary upgrade to the most amazing room and had a little balloon with 'Happy Anniversary' on it and a little box of chocolates in the weight. What a kind gesture - I'm sure there is only a handful of hotels who would go to this effort. The views were stunning and the room was absolutely gorgeous, with the finest touches throughout. We went down to the Windermere Restaurant for Dinner. The food was scummy and presented beautifully! We had little love heart sprinkles on our table (another lovely touch) and to top it off our dessert came out with Happy Anniversary written in icing on the plate - very kind of them. This made our stay so special - I have never stayed in a Hotel in England where I have been just desperate to get back even, though we did have rain unfortunately! The leisure facilities were fantastic and overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be visiting again in the future. Thank you so much Low Wood Bay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
James W, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your fantastic comments about our hotel, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent romantic valentines break. I am pleased to hear that you had a warm greeting from our reception team and found all the staff here to be pleasant and accommodating. I am also pleased to hear that you liked all the special touches the hotel provided during your stay, and it made your stay even more special.

Next time you come to see us we will try our best to provide better weather for you. You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. Thank you for sharing your comments with all trip advisor users. We look forward to seeing you again in the future Kind Regards, James Wilkinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Recently stayed at the low wood bay, for a 2 night break taking advantage of a D B&B offer at the hotel. We found the facilities to be first class. Our room was well appointed classical decorated with good quality toiletries and most of all was very clean and comfortable. The food in the Windermere restaurant was excellent. Breakfast the usual fare of hot buffet with quality produce and a good selection of cereals fruit &
cold cuts all enhanced by a wonderful view across the lake, For the evening meal there was a good choice offering three courses. The choices we had were all extremely well presented and cooked to perfection the chef and his restaurant team are a big plus for the hotel
The spa facilities are very good with a small bit well equipped gym pool stem & sauna room and an outdoor hot tub which I have to stay on a cold dark February evening was a
surprisingly enjoyable experience. Overall we had an excellent relaxing break at the Low Wood and will certainly return in the future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NevilJeffery, General Manager at Low Wood Bay, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you firstly for taking the time to write a rewarding review after your recent two nights stays. I am pleased to read you had taken advantage of our winter two night break inclusive of Dinner on the first night. This has proven to be very popular and is still available directly when booking with the Resort. The chef and restaurant team will be pleased you enjoyed the dinner menu and dining experiences and breakfast was again to its usual high standard. Again thank you for the rewarding review and we hope you will visit again soon.

Kind regards Nevil Jeffery, General Manager
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I visited here for a business trip/conference and had a great time. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, room was spacious and lovely. Location is beautiful and brought an immediate sense of peace to my usually busy lifestyle.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
As a team we are so pleased you enjoyed your recent business trip to the Resort. We are pleased you found the hotel room catered to your individual needs and you found the staff welcoming and helpful. Maybe we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, hopefully on your own time rather than business. This will give you the opportunity to venture out and about and experience what Cumbria really has to offer throughout all seasons of the year.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have dropped into this hotel many times over the years and it remains my number #1. I love it, it is in superb decorative order (inspired by the arts and crafts style). Warm, professional and skilled staff (on all levels). Smashing restaurant with lake views. nice bar and a the bolt on spa whilst a little of the 80's is always clean and smart. The pub associated is also warm and friendly. The rooms we have been given are always to a good standard with plenty of space. Lots of parking and over the road is a well equipped water sports centre so if you want to hit the lake there are lots of choices. I wish I could afford to visit more often. I hope they don't mind me saying, but I have found that in the summer it is popular for weddings at weekends, and as such the rooms often get block booked on Staturday. This prevents most prospective Lakes weekender's from choosing the hotel. If you are flexible on your date, can tie it in with a wedding and are OK with Friday night only you can live it up a little get a cracking deal in a very smart hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Once again thank you for visiting Low Wood Bay, its always pleasing to welcome back regular visitors. The team are very happy once again you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming back again soon. On the affordable note, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly at the Resort and I would be more than happy to personally take care of your booking arrangements.

Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here for a 2 night break taking advantage of a winter deal that included bed, breakfast and 3 course evening meal. We had a room overlooking the lake, number 37 highly recommended as the view is stunning and even in February there were people in the water jet flying and skiing. Our room was comfortable with a spacious bathroom and walk in wardrobe with a safe and free wi fi available.

We made good use of the facilities including the leisure spa and enjoyed having massages as well as using the steam and sauna. The staff in the spa were very professional. In fact all the staff are very good throughout the hotel.

We ate in the restaurant both nights. The food was very good with lots of options for meat and vegetarians and an excellent wine list. The portions were ample, in fact too much for the both of us in that on the second night we opted not to have a starter. Service was very good and on the second night there was a large party booked in around the time we had chosen to dine and the staff made sure we didn't have to wait for our food.

We used the bar both days and it also has great views across the lake. It also serves food. We did have tea and scones one afternoon, delicious.

You could really stay here and not go out anywhere, just enjoy being pampered and relax. Great thing to do in the winter.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
It’s rewarding to read you both enjoyed one of our year round breaks, inclusive of dinner in our Windermere Restaurant. Yes room 37 along with many of our old house rooms are lovely and benefiting from views across the Lake. You will be pleased to learn the Jet pack water activity will be running full time over the spring and summer period, although I have not tried myself yet, I will be soon. Again thanks you for your rewarding review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our company is employed to provide the Audio Visual requirements for a major conference event held annually at the Low Wood Bay. On arrival the staff where helpful and cooperative while we set up for the event the next day.
Check in was quick and the room was clean but a little dated! Not as good as the room we had last year! The bed was very small and somewhat uncomfortable, hence I didn't get a really good nights sleep. Breakfast was good with plenty of variety.
On the day of the event there was some issue with the heating which took a couple of hours to sort out, there was also a minor issue with a power socket on the back wall of the conference room which I was told by ever so helpful conference staff was scheduled to be sorted out.
Dinner was not my cup of tea, so a bit disappointing. Overall I felt standards where not as good as last year, and I understand my client had a similar view, however I am confident that the Low Wood will address the issues brought to their attention and look I forward to next year event.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after attending as a supplier for a large conference that took place at the hotel during January. I am sorry to learn your room was not as nice as the previous year. I am however very pleased to report we have refurbished almost all of our rooms over the last 12 months and we will be continuing the investment in the coming 12 months. As a very popular Resort hotel the investment takes time, and can only be achieved in quieter periods. The heating issue has been fixed, and we have not experienced any issues since, I am sorry this was not the case on the day in question. Your comments although valid are incorrectly written as I have personally talked with the client and they had been very happy.

Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Low Wood Bay and had a wonderful time.

We were unhappy with some of the aspects of our original room allocation but this was swiftly sorted and we were allocated a different room by Laura on reception who is a credit to the hotel.

Our room was spacious, warm and very comfortable.

We enjoyed the on-site swimming facilites and the outside hot tub was lovely even though it was raining, we were still cosy and warm in the tub...recommended.

The breakfast was wonderful with a huge choice and we really enjoyed our evening meal.The staff are very attentive and helpful, I intend to visit again and look forward to doing so soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
James W, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Low Wood, I was sorry to hear that you had issues with your initial room. However it was good to hear that Laura on reception sorted the problem for you. I have passed on your comments to Laura and nominated her for a +1 award which is the company recognition program for staff who works hard to exceed our guest expectations.

I am pleased that the issues with the original room did not affect your stay here at the Low Wood. I am pleased that you found your new room to be spacious and comfortable. The leisure club is very welcoming and I’m glad you had the opportunity to use the facilities especially the out door hot tub even if it was raining!!! It was also good to hear that you found the rest of the staff here to be very attentive and you also thought that the food was wonderful especially breakfast.

You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. Once again thank you for sharing your comments with all trip advisor users. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future. Kind Regards, James Wilkinson

Been to Low Wood Bay? Share your experiences!