“amazing venue for a wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Windermere
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“amazing venue for a wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our whole experience at getting married at low wood bay was outstanding. Prior to the wedding the staff were helpful, polite and reassuring. (helped with nerves!!!). Every need or concern was dealt with promptly and all staff throughout our stay went above an beyond to really make our day special. The hotel and facilities was amazing and well worth the 4 star rating. We have two children who enjoyed there facilities and little extras such as gift bags and never once was they not welcome or frowned upon making them feel comfortable and special too. To top it off the surroundings was stunning for us to view and as a back drop to the wedding photos. I would highly recommend this hotel as somewhere to stay and defiantly somewhere to get married in. In with a wedding package we was also given a complimentary stay for our first anniversary and we cant wait to go back. There really is too much to describe and we cannot recommend more highly.
Mr & Mrs Houghton

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear newlyweds Mr. and Mrs. Houghton, thank you for your amazing review about your recent wedding day at Low Wood Bay. I am so pleased that you chose Low Wood Bay for your special day. It was certainly a pleasure to host your wedding and welcome your family and friends to enjoy with you your special day.

I know Gemma, Rea and the team will read your review, and on behalf of the team thank you. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspect of your wedding day at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your first wedding anniversary in 2014. Once again congratulations. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My son recently held his wedding at Low Wood Bay Hotel. It was absolutely marvellous. We were treated like royalty by all the staff who couldn't do enough to make the wedding and our stay go according to plan.
The situation is a delight to the eye.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your sons wedding at the hotel and all aspects of your stay. It is always a pleasure to host weddings and even better to receive wonderful feedback, not only from the bride and groom but from their friends and family. Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you all again in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here on a 2 night break. Hotel reception rooms were nicely decorated and fairly modern. Hotel staff were all very pleasant and offered excellent customer service. The bedroom unfortunately was awful.... Very old and worn out desperately needing modernisation. The food was good but have stayed elsewhere in the lakes in 4* and had a lot better. The hot breakfast buffet was barely warm although a good choice of cold buffet. The evening meal was ok but nothing special.
The leisure facilities were ok but again in desperate need of modernisation.
I don't feel this hotel deserves its 4* due to its worn out appearance and facilities.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your recent review regarding your 2 night break to the hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you did like the modern aspect of the public areas, and I was extremely pleased to read that you found our team to be pleasant and extremely good at customer service we are very proud of them.

I was however disappointed to learn that we failed to meet your expectations in relation to the room, the leisure club and the food being cold on both the evening meal and the breakfast, all of which will be bought up with the relevant teams and corrective measure taken.

I do hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, should this be the case please contact me personally where I will ensure you are allocated a room suitable for your needs so that you are able once again to enjoy the hotel and its facilities. Once again thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager
Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel, at a special rate (£150.00) as we were guests at a friends wedding reception. The hotel certainly is in a beautiful location 100 metres from the shores of Windermere, but a sometimes busy road has to be negotiated before accessing the shore. The room we were given was in an annexe, (we did get it at a special rate!) it was a decent size with a king size bed. Tastefully decorated and well maintained we were pleased with the room. Bathroom was in keeping with the bedroom décor and maintenance and had nice fluffy towels. The food we received at the wedding 'do' was good but drinks were expensive and I've had better pints of beer elsewhere at half the price. Breakfast next morning was varied, continental, full English, porridge, kippers, etc. it was quality and got the day off to a good start. Overall we enjoyed our stay it was worth it a the 'special rate' although I would not like to pay full price for the hotel. We have stayed in similar hotels offering the same facilities/amenities for less, it is the location we were paying for!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed the recent wedding that you attended at the hotel and all aspects of your stay. It is always a pleasure to host weddings and even better to receive wonderful feedback, not only from the bride and groom but from their friends and family. I note your remarks about the bar prices and will highlight this as the next review meeting. Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you all again in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate my birthday. On our arrival there was a ballon and some lovely chocolates in our room.The hotel is wonderful and charming in a great location. The leisure facilities were great. We had a wonderful lake view which we could have sat and looked at for hours. We had a meal in the restaurant the food was excellent and the staff were really warm , friendly and super efficient. they had eve decorated our table for my birthday.The meal was also very good value and really we'll presented. In the morning the breakfast was served by the same efficient staff, who remembered us from the night before despite it being so busy. I had eggs Benedict made to order it was the best I have ever had. There was plenty of choice all well presented. We were very sorry to leave , but look forward to returning. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to post your rewarding review regarding your recent stay at Low Wood Bay to celebrate your Birthday, I am pleased that you liked the balloon and chocolates.

I also am pleased that you enjoyed your room with the lovely lake view and that you were able to make use of the leisure facilities. It was great to read that the restaurant met your expectations and that you found the staff to be very good. Once again thank you for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for a friends wedding reception. The location is stunning, the reception area and dining/breakfast room is decorated as expected for such a beautiful hotel. Unfortunately the room I stayed in was a massive disappointment, it was extremely dated. The furniture was old and cheap, the beds were like something from a hostel and the bathroom was like something from the 70's, not in-keeping with the hotel at all.
Really disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear guest, I would first of all like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for not meeting with your expectations on this occasion. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention.

Guest feedback is very important to us and your points will be discussed and actioned by myself and the team, for interest we are currently undergoing a refurbishment program which aims to upgrade the rooms that we feel need attention. Thank you once again for your review. And I do hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back to Low Wood Bay in the near future, Kind regards Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager
Windermere, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We found the hotel to be very professional yet providing a very personal experience. Their communication was excellent and they paid great attention to details. They took into consideration what our needs were and the food was very lovely, including the English breakfast. The environment was also lovely, very close walk to the lake, ample car parking space behind and it was also handy that they had a spa and gym next to it. We had a lovely experience and would definitely recommend either for a short break or occasions. We wanted a boat ride with our friends and the hotel organised this for us, taking the stress away from us.Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your recent review regarding your visit to the hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you did have a good short break, it was also pleasing to read that the team were able to help organise a boat trip for you and your friends.

I was also very grateful that you felt that attention to detail was paid to you during your stay, we do aim to make all of our guest feel that they are looked after. I do hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, Once again thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Been to Low Wood Bay? Share your experiences!