“dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Tranent, Scotland, United Kingdom
“dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was our stop for dinner as been here a few times and didnt disappoint again. The staff,location,food everything i want in a place was superb. My wife wanted to try something but was not sure if she would like it the waitress went away and came back with a taster for her great customer service . Food was of great quality and lots of it and was very fresh and well presented. Will be back next time we are in town. Nice view of the lake.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Should be renamed "THE KENNALS"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend, (well I thought they were friends) so while my girlfriend and I were in Windermere last weekend we would call and have a meal here.
As soon as we walked in we were hit by a powerful smell of wet dogs, we got a drink and sat at a table only to have an overfriendly mut come sniffing around us which was both wet and muddy, I had to ask the owner if he would keep his dog under contol.
There is a sign asking owner's to keep dogs on leads but I counted 5 dogs wondering about and the members of staff didn't seem to care.
We had intended to eat there but decided not to and go and find a people friendly pub.
On the plus side there is a lovely view of the lake from the bar area but just don't go if it's a wet day.
The management of this establishment need to realise that it is people who eat and drink and pay their wages not the dogs.
I did mention to one waitress that I thought dogs had to be kept under control, but she just said "oh yes" and walked away
Unless you enjoy the overpowering smell of wet dog and like a shaggy mut slavering over you as you try to enjoy a drink or meal then give this place a very wide berth.

Visited February 2013
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We visited yesterday and had a lovely Sunday dinnner. We sat by the window and had a lovely view over the lake and the snow covered mountains. The waitress was friendly and the food was just right. The vegetables were beautiful. We will definitely go again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southport
“A Nice Way to end the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The views are very special with Windermere and the northern fells as a backdrop. Not much going on on the lake as it's winter. Anyway a splendid end to the day, and some very nice drinks for me and the people I had led on a 8.5 mile walk. Coffee was Okay, Tea I'm told was delightful as was the hot chocolate. Didn't eat, although what was on offer was priced typical of the area.

They were showing football on TV's but this was unobtrusive and didn't spoil our enjoyment. I think they also have TV's at quay level (downstairs).

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Dogs welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Excellent restaurant in an ideal location that allows well behaved dogs into certain areas of the pub.

Beer and food and service is good too.

Try it!