“Great Family Fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Treetop Trek

Treetop Trek
Off the A591 | Brockhole, Lake District Visitor Centre, Windermere LA23 1LJ, England
+44 15394 47186
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Brand New family fun at Brockhole Windermere. With 35 exciting treetop challenges to swing, climb, balance and fly your way through the ancient woodland canopy and discover views previously reserved for the squirrels and bats! Perfect for Friends, Families, Celebrations, Groups, Parties, School, Youth & Corporate Events... the outdoors has never been this much fun!
“Great Family Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

A terrific day out. From start to finish I could not fault the experience. I would strongly advise pre-booking to avoid turning up and being disappointed. The staff were excellent. They spent a good half an hour going through the safety harness and explaining the techniques to be used. They instilled confidence in even the most reluctant child. Then onto the blue course. This was relatively simple and took about 20 minutes, never more than about 20 feet from the ground. Once done we moved onto the next course which was much higher. At its highest point this was about 18 metres from the ground. This course took about an hour, although a lot of people in our group took a lot longer. The staff ensured that the more confident were at the front of the queue so there were never any hold ups on the course. The final bit and the highlight for me was the finish, a 250 metre zip wire back down to earth. All in all a brilliant experience. My 9 year old and myself loved it.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
“Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have done a similar type of adventure in SA and obviously the environment is a little different there but this does compare. Fantastic fun for myself and the two kids with us. Dont be afraid you are in good hands with the guys here.

Visited June 2014
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Great fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went with my husband and 7 year old daughter. We did the Mini Trek. We were last in the group to go and my daughter froze and wouldn't go. The instructor was very patient and suggested different things but she wouldn't do it, so they let her do the zip wire twice which she loved! I enjoyed doing the Mini Trek but found it in places to be difficult, even if it is designed for aged 5 or above! There were many children who were frightened and struggling, yet some kids ran through it. I would definitely recommend it.

Visited May 2014
Shropshire, UK
5 attraction reviews
“Good fun-make sure you book in advance if you can!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

It was a bit busy at the office on arrival-think they need to review the flow of people that have already booked versus trying to book (it's in a building that pre-dates the business so may not be all that easy to do). Our kids have done similar courses on hols in France and this was better managed in terms of the number and frequency of bookings so that there are not any noticeable bottle necks. Not being one of life's natural climbers I was worried at holding the kids on the course up on our group, but I loitered at the back of our group and it wasn't a problem. It was my first time doing it and enjoyed it-especially the zip wire at the end.

There are other things to do in Brockhole visitor centre where this is located-decent playground area, cafe, access to lake Windermere and plenty of places to picnic.

Car parking : we had problem paying by card, but you can pay by card at the visitor centre reception.

We will definitely come back here with our kids as plenty to keep them busy for a few hours.

For those of you that are worried about how safe it is:

Unlike go ape or similar this does not have a two clip system. So once you're clipped in, you stay clipped in and "hoik" the pulley across to the next crossing (this may prove difficult for young children but you can have up to 3 between crossings so a parent/elder sibling can easily help). They have two lines on the course-one for joe public and the other just for the instructors so should anyone experience difficulties then they can quickly scooch across. The weight limit for joe public (if I remember correctly) is 15st.

York, United Kingdom
“Fun fun fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my husband when visiting the lakes, what can I say if you want to swing through the trees get your adrenaline pumping and have a good laugh then this is a must!
Fab staff as well, tony our instructor was a real laugh and put even the most nervous of climber at there ease!!
It was extremely busy and they said most Saturdays are full so probably best to book.

Visited May 2014