“no wonder this is 56/56 in windermere, awful.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Windermere Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Windermere Boutique Hotel
Lake Road, Windermere LA23 2EQ, England   |
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Windermere
“no wonder this is 56/56 in windermere, awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Firstly I have had the same experience of some others in that, money was taken from me without my consent, for imaginary damage in the room I stayed in, that I will be taking legal advice about. Sadly with that money I could have stayed in a luxury hotel instead of Faulty Towers. The room was cold, small and overpriced. The bathroom dirty and the food was poor. Staff were ok and tried to help but the manager did nothing when I could find her. AVOID, ITS THE WORST REVIEWED HOTEL FOR A REASON.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
EMTEJ, Manager at Windermere Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We are sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. We are a small boutique hotel who pride ourselves in the level of facilities and service we offer and are upset by your comments. We do make charge if there has been damage whilst you stay in which case we do contact people. The rooms are all inspected by our head housekeeper daily and all our foods served are high quality local produce. We are sorry this is your opinion and we did not meet your expectations.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Windermere Boutique Hotel, although I would suggest that it is really more of a superior B&B than a hotel.

Prior to arrival I had seen some of the reviews on here but as always, take them with a pinch of salt - we had a very pleasant stay and encoutered pleasant staff, particularly the breakfast waitress and also the lady who checked us in. The genetleman we also encoutered was most apologetic on Sunday morning when the fire alarm has accidentally gone off but had been quickly reset.

In all, the Windermere is ideally situated between Bo'ness & Windermere and we walked into both quite easily, in a little over 10 minutes. The room (I believe we had the Contempory) was clean and the Molton Brown toiletries a nice touch. Breakfast was cooked to order and there was plenty available. We did not eat dinner at the Windermere as we wanted to explore the wealth of local restaurants so we cannot comment on anything other than breakfast.

The only issue we encoutered was the inconsiderate nature of some other guests - the first night we were subjected to loud rave music courtesy of the room next door who did eventually turn it down to a tolerable level as the evening got later and also the inconsiderate parking of other guests in the car park. None of this was the fault of the hotel or their staff.

Our only observation was that the price was a little on the high side but may be the market rate for the area and you are paying for the facilities (ie a spa bath & a steam room in our room/bathroom). We would stay again but only for one night and explore the area by hotel hopping.

Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
EMTEJ, Manager at Windermere Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent break away. Windermere is quite an expensive area for accommodation; we do feel we are well priced for the area and facilities that we offer. We are glad you enjoyed your relaxing break and do hope to see you again at some point in the future.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The lady who booked us in was lovely and friendly.really nice clean room with plenty of space.hotel situated between Bowness and Windermere which are both lovely to have a little wander round.we ordered breakfast to the room for £3 extra per person which is reasonable, came at the time we asked and food was lovely and hot.the man who came to check the hot tub as I'm guessing they do every morning even waited till it was time for our breakfast to be delivered so he didn't wake us, thoughtful I thought.the room had everything you would need, kettle,tea,coffee etc, small selection of toiletries,bathrobes and even plastic glasses were provided so you could have a drink in the hot tub.i did read in the info in the room that you are able to use the spa facilities of the sister hotel, we weren't told about this but wouldn't of used anyway as only stayed for one night, but worth bearing in mind to ask if you're not told.would defiantly recommend for a nice romantic night away and we will be returning.thankyou.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking time to leave feedback and your lovely comments. We look forward to seeing you next time.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I must admit after I booked our room, then read a load of reviews which made me a little nervous prior to coming. Happy to say that we had an amazing time. The staff were very friendly, room was amazing with a log fire in the lounge (where else can you find a fire place in your bedroom!), the location was perfect nicely positioned between windermere and bowness, breakfast was very tasty and overall my partner and I had a very lovely time. It's a shame that there are so many people with bad reports, I thinks it's a good hotel ( one or two bits need a but of updating), I suggest you book and make up your own mind.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and do hope we see you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I spent 5 days in the lake district last month, I stayed in Windermere Botique .. It was just really amazing... well arranged room with spa bath.. simply wonderful..
I would recommend this hotel for travellers to windermere..

Room Tip: Esthwaite room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your time and hope to see you when you are next visiting the area.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

On behalf of ' THIS GENTELMAN' who is the actual person I find the REPLY TO SOMEBODY ELSES POST ASTOUNDING.....
My wife and I stayed for our 1st WEDDING ANNIVERSERY and enjoyed our stay UNFORTUNATLY the BEHAVIOR that has come from them after is TOTALLY UNACEPTABLE.
4 DAYS LATER AFTER CHECKING OUT THEY TAKE 100 POUND OUT OF OUR ACCOUNT??? AT 17.05 HRS. When checking out at 10.30 on 11/11/13 the ROOM and TV were as we arrived. So not making bed and leaving dirty towels on the bathroom floor, which is common practice in all hotels we have stayed in most of which have a HIGHER STAR RATING, must be rated as considerable DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!
The facts are on Sunday the 10/11/13 I rang reception of MY MOBILE DUE TO NO PHONES IN THE ROOMS to say sky sports was not working and the picture was fuzzy. I have the phone calls made on my phone bill PROOF. At 5.05 the lady on reception rang me back on my mobile to say she had checked other rooms in the hotel and they was fine and there was nothing else she could do. PROBLEM REPORTED 10/11/13 5.05. The morning we checked out television picture was the same quality so we thought nothing more of it, so you can just imagine how HORRIFED and upset we both was. NO NOTIFICATION ABOUT THIS, just a email from the hotel on the Monday after our stay to say hope you have both enjoyed your stay. Nothing about how we had CONSIDERABLE DAMAGED THE HOTEL ROOM. But on the Saturday we received a short letter with a receipt saying they had taken 100 pound due to LINES GOING DOWN TELEVISION.
After over 20 phone calls wanting to speak to the MANAGER ELAINE THWAITES who is always so BUSY to speak or return calls and the reception staff just hang up through mid conversation!! WOULD WE STAY AGAIN????? THATS A BIG NO NO AND I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL OR ITS SISTER HOTEL.
The behaviour of this hotel is absolutely disgusting and nothing short of theft.
regards

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at windermere boutique hotel in room 15 the elterwater, the room was spotless fabulous bathroon with jacuzzi bath and tv,couldnt fault the room, the staff were very helpful and allways had a smile on there faces, the breakfast was fabulous and plenty of choice, the only problem we had was couldnt get on the internet,......

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
EMTEJ, Manager at Windermere Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your break and are sorry if the internet wasn’t working. We hope to see you next time you visit the area.

Been to Windermere Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!