We went to Gilpin lodge with high expectations but unfortunately were very disappointed. It was not possible to get the Internet in our room. The food was ok nice soups but dry bread at breakfast. We have travelled extensively and feel that this hotel is overpriced for the experience offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly, unpretentious, luxury hotel set in the beautiful Lake District National Park, Gilpin Hotel & Lake House has been family owned and run since 1987. Members of Relais & Chateaux, the Cunliffe family were the proud winners AA 'England Hotel of the Year 2012', English Tourist Board Awards for Excellence 'Small Hotel of the Year 2012', the Catey 'Independent Hotel of the Year 2013', and Condé Nast Johansens 'Most Excellent Country House Hotel of the Year 2013’. When you stay at Gilpin, you’re not just choosing a bedroom, you’re choosing an interior design with fabulous fabrics, wallpapers and furnishings. We have evolved Gilpin Hotel over the last 25 years, spreading out instead of up, so that fourteen of the twenty bedrooms lead directly onto the gardens, many with private decking and cedarwood hot tubs, and all with lovely views. Gilpin Lake House is, put simply, a sanctuary, where just six suites enjoy exclusive access to 100 acres of private grounds, including a stunningly beautiful four-acre private lake, swimming pool and the new Jetty Spa. Enjoy pre-dinner drinks in the hotel’s stylish bar and wine cellars before dining in one of four intimate dining rooms (complimentary chauffeur provided for Lake House guests). Head Chef Dan Grigg ensures exquisite cuisine in the 3 AA rosette restaurant; the 5-course menu has plenty of choice and is a celebration of some of the finest Lake District produce and West Coast seafood. For Lake House guests, the Swedish style spa treatment room has been built to blend with the environment, raised 3 metres into the tree canopy, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the lake. The Jetty Spa Trail is a bespoke Spa Journey designed to gently stimulate and revive the senses. Begin with a consultation to create personalised spa products just for you. Then to the spa for a private swim followed a relaxing salt snug and a reviving salt scrub shower. Through the woods to an aroma massage (and that view), followed by green tea and appetisers on the jetty. To top it off? Champagne in the hot tub, and bespoke spa goodies to take home. The ultimate goal – a deep relaxation that will stay with you for a long time. Quiet, untouched, and devoid of traffic or people the setting instils a sense of peace and calm. There are no weddings, conferences or children under seven to disturb the peace at Gilpin, just warm smiles, fresh flowers, and friendly, unpretentious service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gilpin Hotel & Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Hotel And Lake House
- Gilpin Hotel Windermere
- Gilpin Lodge Windermere
- Gilpin Hotel & Lake House Windermere, Lake District