Just returned from a long weekend at the Windermere and must 'gush' about the service, staff and food amongst others. We arrived on the friday 3pm and had a warm friendly greeting from Giles at reception. Into our room (043) with our car parked outside the window (bay 39) couldn't be better from our point of view. Staff, although 'foreign' was and still isn't an issue were the most pleasant and delightful caring people one could meet. I didn't catch all their name badges but Janos and David were most polite and helpful amongst others, The food was in our opinbion, exquisite and plentiful and piping hot to boot. Vast array of breakfasts, buffet style, and evening meals, ala carte' were superb and done to perfection. The room we had, my wife and I, was clean, warm, comfortable and had we not wanted to venture out for walks and sightseeing, would have been adequate to stop in 24/7. Visit the Windermere again, without a doubt. Reading the plusses and minuses on the reviews for the Windermere Hotel can be daunting and 'putty offing' Don't you believe it. There are some very fussy people in this world that thrive on negativity. We found nothing of the sort here in November. Try it, it's worth it. And the price!! With 10% off we as a couple paid £232 h/b for 3 nights friday to monday. Speaks volumes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District