We booked for afternoon tea on Saturday 9th April. Luckily the car park next to the hotel was full so we went back a few yards down the drive to the overspill car park. This allowed us to wander up through the garden. We turned the corner and were greeted with the most wonderful sight, a huge bank of daffodils. The setting of the hotel is idyllic.
As it was a hot, sunny day they asked us if we'd like to eat on the terrace which we did. The view is absolutely stunning. Afternoon tea was substantial, sandwiches and four types of cake including scone, jam and cream. Very reasonable at £14.95.
It turned out to be one of those perfect days you will always remember. The daffodils were still out, the weather was wonderful, and the view of Windermere and the Langdales was amazing. Service was excellent. It would be great to stay here and watch the changing colours on the Langdales. Unfortunately you can't always guarantee the weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in seven acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room and gym equipment. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which has retained a Michelin Star for seven consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District