We discovered Rum Doodle after many hours of searching the web for somewhere special to stay for a family holiday. Eight of us were coming over from Spain and would be spending 4 nights in the Lakes. Our room requirements (5 rooms) and age spread (26-61 years, couples, singles..) made it a difficult search.When we found the Rum Doodle site we were charmed by the hotel and immediately phoned for a booking. Our 5 room requirement prooved a Little difficult but the owners were very helpful and with a bit of room juggling we managed to fit in.
The website was only a hint of the unique and wonderful atmospere that we discovered on our arrival. Even more important was the comfort and the 4 marvellous breakfasts. Even the younger generation made sure not to miss out on these and spanish continental breakfast habbits were forgotten!!
Needless to say the owners were charming and attentive at all times and made our stay a real pleasure.
I couldn´t imagine a more satisfying place to stay and my personal opinión is only one of eight!! Everyone was delighted with the Rum Doodle and had a FANTASTIC time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District