We stayed for four nights at Rum Doodle and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is beautifully decorated with charming touches in each room. An ideal location only 5 mins from Bowness and Winderemere either way. One point to note is read the black book should you stay here - it really does put you towards the best restaurants the Lake District has to offer!
The breakfast was gorgeous with really fresh local ingredients.
Initially we has booked the attic room but I wouldnt recommend this for tall people! But, Emma recognised that we should have booked a bigger room and we were upgraded to the Sumit on the last night which was much more spacious, again beautifully decorated with views towards the lake.
Really would recommend a stay here and looking forward to going back. We even bought the Rum Doodle book the place is based upon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District