“Wonderful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend, for 2 nights. I dont understand some of the poor reviews-maybe they are just the people who love to complain!
The hotel was really nice, the staff were so friendly and helpful. Yes I must admit there are two small flights of stairs to go up to the reception if you are coming from the car park. Hotel not ideal for people with disabilities. There are no lifts. The lounge area is so comforting oldy-worldy. Leather sofas, huge fireplace, chandeliers...Its very spread out and not cramped, you can also sit by the terrace, which has a panoramic view of Lake Windermere. The restaurant is huge. The preparation of the food and the decoration of the tableware will not disappoint. The food was fantastic. Staff were very courteous and friendly.
Our room was really lovely. For a standard double room, there was lots of space. Was very neat and clean (No mould!) It had a little terrace which overlooked the lake views. No it wasnt completely private, but its more than most hotels! Bed was comfortable and the room temperature was just right. The bathroom was quite big and very clean and modern. The maids came in everyday to clean if required.
There is a swimming pool in the hotel, we had a look at this but didnt use it.
I would say this hotel is definitely a 4 star. The car park can get pretty full if alot of people are using the hotel, there was a wedding when we were there so it was really busy but we managed.
Overall I think this is a lovely gem of hotel with fantastic views and comfortable hotel surroundings. There was no mould/marks or damp anywhere we could see. I think people shouldnt be so picky and enjoy the hotel, its not going to be "perfect" as its being lived in everyday. If you want perfection-stay at home!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A splendid stay at the excellent hotel the staff service and atmosphere where all excellent .
We didn't expect the friendly welcome and excellent service from the staff and we would recommend the restaurant for the excellent cuisine . The breakfast is never ending with pleanty of choice and first class service , Thank you once again

Room Tip: lake view is a must
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan A, General Manager at Beech Hill Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, and once again, congratulations! It was a pleasure to look after you both on your honeymoon, and I’m very happy the Hotel was everything you expected and more. As you’ve seen for yourselves, the team here work very hard to ensure our guests are looked after in every way. I will pass your comments regarding our fantastic food on to the Chef! We hope to see you again for your first anniversary, if not before!

Jonathan Allan
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at the beech hill hotel on the 4th of October. The outside of the property looks lovely, the grounds are well kept and there is a fabulous view of the lake. We stayed for lunch and I was disappointed in this, I had a risotto but there was about an inch of oil which made it all congealed and greasy. I was worried about our evening meal in the Burlington restaurant but I shouldn't have been....the three course menu was delicious and the staff were polite and fast. I especially loved the creme brûlée. Our allocated room did smell very damp but the receptionist happily changed our room immediately. This room was very cosy and had a patio with lovely views of the lake. It was my husbands 30th birthday which the hotel was aware of so would have liked a bottle of wine in the room or some acknowledgement...but overall our stay was good :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I spent a weekend at this hotel and I was really disappointed with the room. It was nothing like I've seen in the pictures before booking. The hotel is rated 4 stars but I wouldn't rate the room even 2 stars. It was fully booked so I had no chance of changing the room. The bathroom wasn't great either. Could do with a refurb. Mould, few spiders and the room stunk of tobacco.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback. I can assure you the hotel is not a rip off, I was unable to find a record of you on our system and I would again ask that genuine guests leave booking reference number when posting a review. I have emailed Trip Advisor to assist me in confirming you stayed with us. As far as the Hotel needing a “refurbishment”, this is already well underway. We have a rolling improvement programme, covering both inside and the outside of the building. I would be happy to discuss this as well as any other concerns guests may have.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

A good hotel with excellent views of lake Windermere. Friendly service, good food and a nice terrace area outside the bar/lounge where you can sit out and enjoy the views and sun. My room was a bit small but had an excellent view of the lake. See picture.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Litton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here for our 35th wedding anniversary and loved every minute. After booking i saw some reports on trip adviser and worried! Thank goodness you wonder if these reporters really stayed here. The moment we met Emma on reception i knew we had chosen well.We had such care from every staff member . We had a lovely bedroom with private decking,the bedroom was spotless, and waiting for us a card for our anniversary on the bed ,nice touch. We ate in the lounge area 1st night food really good at a good price. We ate in the restaurant to celebrate on mon evening FANTASTIC experience very prof service food delicious .We look forward to staying again for a very relaxing time. For older guests with walking problems ask for a room on level with reception and enter through front door. We would happily stay in same room 21, few steps but worth the walk for us . Thank you every member of staff we met

Room Tip: we loved room 21 not such a good lake view,but so peace full .we will be asking for this room on ret...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

A great location overlooking Windermere and about 5 mins drive from Bowness. Nicely appointed rooms, though step out of your room and the corridors are a little tired. Staff are efficient, but if they smiled a little more it would make all the difference.

Room Tip: Go for a lake view - would have hated to have a view of the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beech Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!