Stayed for one night after a Christmas 'do'. Rooms lovely. Staff all very polite and helpful. Meal was fine- nothing stunning but then there were around 100 people eating. Breakfast was, however, delightful. I live in the area, but if visiting from out of area, it is important to note that the hotel is a good few miles drive from Windermere or Kendal. However the setting is beautiful. i would recommend this hotel for a relaxing and romantic weekend break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wild Boar with 33 bedrooms, grill, smokehouse and brewhouse nestles in a peaceful setting in the Gilpin Valley, Windermere close to the Lake. Benefiting from the beautiful surrounding countryside, including its own private woodland for guests to enjoy, whilst perfectly positioned to explore the rest of the great outdoors in the fabulous Lake District National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Wild Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wild Boar Hotel Crook
- The Wild Boar Windermere, Lake District