“The Manager/Owner is in the wrong job” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Leeds
“The Manager/Owner is in the wrong job”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was on recommendation from the locals that we went here on our first night in Windermere. The Manager/Owner greeted me and my husband, he didn't smile and rather than making any sort of conversation he said there is no room at the back so you will be seated in the front. There were several tables to choose from yet he placed us on the table at the back next to the noisy kitchen even though this area was empty. After the manager/owner went away we asked the waitress if we could move to the window table which instead of an instant yes she asked the manager for permission, i think she was scared of him. To be honest if we couldn't move we would of left the restaurant anyway.
The Owner was very abrupt and acts like he would prefer you not to be there. The service from him felt awkward. I enjoyed the food but he made me inparticular feel very uncomfortable. I am Indian and my husband is white scottish and I felt it may have been to do with this. The funny thing is we never read any reviews we just went and after reading some reviews about the manager these people are right about him. To sum it up I wouldn't go again, I wouldn't recommend it and it's not worth feeling belittled especially in 2013.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely little Italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came here in october. The service was great and we were seated and served straight away. I had anchovies for my starter, tortellini for my main and proffitiroles for dessert. I can honestly rate the meal 10/10! Im still dreaming about the meal now. Its the best looking restaurant i saw here. Defintley come here

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Excellent food, service, atmosphere and value - a brilliant night out last Saturday night. I would recommend this restaurant to any one!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I rang up to ask what time it opened and I got an abrupt reply saying 530! And then put the phone down on me! so I was not impressed when I first booked it. Then when we first went in, the manager was very unfriendly. The starter was okay, but when it came to the main course, my partner ordered the seafood pasta and it came with no seafood! So we sent it back and the woman was okay but no apology about the meal being not right. Then it came but the manager again wasn't very friendly and never came over to ask how the food was or anything. Really wasn't impressed and felt like we really wanted and top it all off it was my birthday. I wouldn't recommend it only if you are a local as these customers were treated like royalty. Considering we travelled 100 miles just to eat there, what a waste of a journey!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant we visited while in the Lake District.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We ate here a few nights ago.
Excellent food and service.
The open kitchen provides diners with a view of the food preparation.
We ate out in various restaurants and this one was the best.
Meal for two with wine around £60.00
There are many restaurants in the area and they don't all come up to this standard.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere