“Keep the dogs out” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 112 Windermere B&B and Inns
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Keep the dogs out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very quiet when we went in but decided to give it a try.guy behind the bar was very welcoming and friendly.my husband and I both had a gourmet sandwich which were lovely.only problem was we realised they let dogs in to bar which has eating area all round it. Sorry but not very hygienic. Wont be back because of this.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've just come back from a 'weekend' in Windermere. We'd actually pre booked a b and b only across the road, but what a lovely surprise it was to find that there was a 'Real Ale Beer Festival' at the Grey Walls.
We went in on the Friday evening, to be greeted by excellent attentive Staff, and of course a varying selection of Beers. We'd a lovely meal, from the substantial Menu, which offered a good selection of 'meals and deals'.
We were introduced to the Land Lady, and her son, who was working behind the Bar. Both lovely people, and although busy with other customers still found time to enter into a conversation with Bev and I, and of course our four legged friend, Harvey.
Its a 'dog friendly Pub/Hotel' and if we'd known we may well have used this as our base. On that Friday night a Quiz was held as a Fund Raiser for the local 'Amateur Dramatic' Organisation, and then 'Live Music'.
Customers were a mix of 'locals' and visitors, and the 'Atmosphere' was very congenial.
We returned the following night, having watched Santa and his Reindeer parading through the streets. In fact it was the night for the 'Lights switch on'.
Another good meal at the G/W and then a few more of the Real Ale beers on offer.
Overall a lovely place and located just on the edge of the Town Centre.
I'm sure if we return to Windermere then we'll 'book in' at the Grey Walls. bevandfras.

Room Tip: Look out for the 'deals' on offer at certain times of the year.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Wife & I visited this Pub on Saturday 29th Nov 14. We didn't stay here overnight. We had a couple of pints which were really good. We ordered a mixed Texan Grill which was about £17. It was ok. The Décor inside this pub is lovely and staff are very polite. The only downside is the landlady sat around the bar talking over everybody else and boasting about how much money they have and how much property in France she has. If you can close your ears this is a lovely pub.

Room Tip: We didn't stay over.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Bromborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice pub/restaurant the staff here are friendly made us feel very welcome, very chilled atmosphere and as a bonus the pool is free to play. Food is very nice my husband very much enjoyed his steak, great service!!!

Room Tip: We never stayed over as we had a room else where
Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

We only spent 1 night at the Grey Walls but wished we had booked up more nights as it was the perfect place for us to stay in the Lake District. All the staff we engaged with were friendly, enthusiastic and made us feel most welcome. We endeavoured to take our evening meal at a restaurant in Windermere, but the few that were open were full, therefore we opted to eat the hotel and we were glad we did as the food was excellent and value for money. We will go back :)
Thank you, Layne Burton, LONDON.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

been a year since I was there - but had to up to Cumbria on business again - one again solo lady traveller. Was really amazed that they remembered me when I walked into the bar! This time I took my dog, as I only had one quick meeting the next morning - not a problem - it's always a consideration when you have a dog because a: you don't like leaving them and b: it costs (near me anyway) £15 per night - so that makes the accommodation even better value!
Enjoyed the curry night for dinner - and didn't feel at all uncomfortable in the bar (sometimes I do when on my own ) and v good value. Room very clean and comfortable,and actually very spacious. Next morning, I really didn't want a full breakfast - so I asked if I could have a bacon sandwich to go - came full of bacon and wrapped in foil with a napkin ....and cut in half which so many place don't do, which then makes it really difficult to eat whilst driving! so top marks from me on catering to the individual!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. The shower was not working in our "spacious) room, but as soon as they knew it wasnt workign, they went to fix it as soon as we left the room. As we had to wait until it was fixed, the drinks were "on the house" until it was! Good service!! Very friendly (family-run) staff. All smiling and remembering my name every day. I would recommend it for a friendly B&B.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grey Walls Hotel? Share your experiences!