“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Lake Road, Windermere LA23 2EQ , England   |
Ranked #35 of 111 Windermere B&B and Inns
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Arrived home from a weekend at The Boundary this afernoon and felt compelled to write a review straight away.
We stayed in Hobbs at a cost of £270 for two nights. The room is exactly as pictured on the website: The room was spacious with plenty of natural lights, thanks to the huge bay window. The four poster bed was very comfortable..although the bottom left post made it impossible to see the television....easy solved by moving the television stand to the middle of the floor.
Little touches in the room set this place apart from a very crowded and competitive market: the wine fridge, home made biscuits, body butter and gorgeous toiletries added to the luxury feeling of thw place...
Now the bathroom......WOW!!!!!!
The free standing bath took forever to fill but by goodness it was well worth the wait...the shower was also very enjoyable huge with powerful heads.....plenty of hot water...perfect after a long day exploring the beautiful surroundings...
Breakfast was THE BEST my partner and i have ever had....great choice with plenty of it, beautifully presented with a smile.....despite some of the strange requests from other guests!!! : )
To summerise this place is a small piece of luxury away from the everyday stresses of life.....we will definatley be back.......thankyou very much

• Stayed July 2013
The-Boundary, Owner at The Boundary, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you Katie for your lovely review. We had some cracking breakfast requests this morning (Wednesday) too - you'd have enjoyed them! A German guest wanted to know what the body butter in the bathroom was - she'd worked out it wasn't soap but wondered if it might be food!! Your review made me smile and we look forward to seeing you soon - and yes; I didn't realise the TV problem when we put the bed there, which is why it has an extra-long aerial lead now...

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in the Barnes room for 1 night, the decor was great the window shutters were a great feature & the bathroom very stylish however the bath soap dispenser was empty in the shower.
Overall the bed was very comfy but the pillows were to soft for me.
The breakfast was very tasty with plenty of choice. the location was very good.
Steven the owner was very chatty & hospitable, we would go again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The-Boundary, Owner at The Boundary, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review, Janet. With bedding you can't always please everyone, but next time you stay try asking for hollowfibre pillows instead of the duckdown ones which we normally put on the beds - they should be a little firmer. I am sorry you found the soap (or was it shampoo) dispenser in the shower empty. Obviously they should be kept topped up and we have not achieved the high standards we like to maintain in that particular.
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and will be back again.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and i stayed here for two nights for her birthday. We stayed in the Hobbs room and it was great. The decor and layout of the room were great and the bath room is superb. The breakfast was excellent and I would say that it is the best B&B breakfast that i have eaten.
The Location in relation to Windermere and Bowness was great, 5 minute walk either way.
The hosts were great and very helpful, the information pack in the room is well worth a read especially before deciding where to eat and drink!!
Overall fantastic!!

The-Boundary, Owner at The Boundary, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for this superb review! I am delighted that you rated breakfast so highly. I must say I've never had a better one and must admit to sampling them on a daily basis!

See you soon

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very gud B&B.Beautifully located between the lake and railway station.Steve was a very warm host.Hobbs room was road facing and beautiful all I can say.You can stroll to lake on foot from B&B.Try boby butter in the bathroom....it was nice.

Room Tip: Highly Recommended.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The-Boundary, Owner at The Boundary, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Glad you had a great stay. We still have the body butter and a little still goes a long, healing, way! You can buy a jar from us to take home with you. It's high time you stayed again!
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights for our 20th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Fry room which was tastefully decorated and had a very comfortable bed. Room was clean and well presented. My only complaint was that the organic toiletries in the bathroom just didnt work so I would suggest changing these. Fortunately my wife did bring some of our own. The breakfast choices were very good and I really liked the effort to use local ingredients. Between us we tried the full English, the veg English, the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and the pancakes with pancetta. The host was very freindly and I have no hesitation to recommend a stay at the Boundary.

The-Boundary, Owner at The Boundary, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. If other visitors are reading this could I just ask that - if they review and love their stay - they give us five stars, as one does on ebay if stuff turns up on time and unbroken! It affects our ranking whereas the words are what people actually care about....

I'm perplexed as to why the lovely organic toiletries (widely praised elsewhere on here) "didn't work". As I don't understand what this means we'll just keep doing what we're doing - it seems to work!

Kind regards

Lanark, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Boundary. It was brilliant, decor beautiful , bedrooms spacious and cosy and breakfast was so so tasty. Would definately recommend and huge thanks to Steve and staff for a very memorable stay.

The-Boundary, Owner at The Boundary, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you Lynn for your ace review. We really enjoyed meeting you and are delighted you enjoyed meeting us!! Please come and visit again soon.

Best wishes

Steve and staff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for one night over the Christmas period, we had a lovely stay, the room (ranji) was beautifully decorated, Thebes was comfy and the hosts extremely pleasant.. Our only 2 complaints were the room was really cold on arrival (maybe for the price they could've put the heating on for our arrival) an i had to run down a flight of stairs to take advantage of the complimentary bath salts (not a big deal but irritated me at the time)

• Stayed December 2012
The-Boundary, Owner at The Boundary, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and your very fair points score. I completely agree about the heating - there is nothing worse than a cold room. Except on very warm days (so not many this year so far!) our heating is actually on all the time. However all our radiators have thermostats, as you would expect, and sometimes the previous guests have turned them right down or off, and on this occasion I must not have noticed in time. I'm really sorry that you didn't get as warm a welcome as you would expect!
We do, it is true, keep our bath soak in a large preserving jar on the first floor landing. If we put a small jar in each room I rather think that a lot of guests would take it away with them, and as the bath soak is on sale for £10 a pop, we would rather that didn't happen!! But your point is noted and maybe we will change what we do. All constructive criticism is most welcome, and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Kind regards

Steve

Been to The Boundary? Share your experiences!