“A good idea if you have a big group of people, not a place for two” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Salsa Mexican Bistro

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“A good idea if you have a big group of people, not a place for two”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Salsa was recommended to us by a lot of people, so we went in good faith, expecting good things. We weren't acknowledged for at least ten minutes when we arrived, and when we were finally seated and served drinks the red wine was ice cold. The restaurant was fairly empty when we went, so I feel that if you had a large party, it would be fantastic, but if you're looking for somewhere nice to dine, I would choose elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“A delight to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited Salsa as I like Mexican food and it's the only Mexican restraint in Penrith. The food was fresh and tasty and a slightly more English version of Tex Mex which I liked. The service was friendly and dilegent so we really enjoyed our meal. Thank you and we will definitely be visiting again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The food is horrible, overpriced & the service was just as bad!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I ordered spicy chickens wings to start & got 4 large wings that had been deep fried, all I could taste was greasy fat! I left all of the starter & when they took the plates away no comment was made by the waitress! The main meal wasn't much better. I've never wrote a review before but thought I had to on this occasion as it was so BAD!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“good food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and me were visiting Penrith and dined at Salsa as it was recommended by the receptionist at the hotel we were staying at.

We went on a Saturday night and were surprised by the good looking decor and vibrant atmosphere. After talking to the waiter we started with a combination platter which was a selection of tapas off the menu which was a nice way to sample some different flavours and it also came with a set of free tequilas which we thought was a nice touch. For main course we had Beef enchilada and chicken fajitas which we both really enjoyed but could not finish due to the large portion sizes!

The bill came to just over £40 for the both of us which we thought was good value as we left the restaurant nicely watered and very full! Was quite surprised at reading some of the other reviews but reading back could see that there have been many others who have enjoyed their experience so perhaps the restaurant had been going through a bad spell but if our meal was anything to go by have recovered from this.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, United Kingdom
“RUBBISH!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

One word to describe this place,RUBBISH . Don't even think about it, even uncle bens was better than this bland overpriced RUBBISH.

• Visited September 2012