“nice food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Food quality great nice flavours portions a bit small everyone quoted, staff not very attentive customer care course maybe.

Visited August 2014

Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My Husband and I ate here today, we have just moved to Cumbria and it was our first trip to Penrith. I am coeliac, lactose intolerant and vegetarian so I find it difficult to find places to eat. We walked into the arcade where this lovely little cafe is situated just having a look around not expecting to be able to find anywhere to eat.

We were greeted by a lovely man who was co-owner with his wife and he was so helpful and basically would have cooked me anything I required. The menu is excellent and there were a lot of options including gluten free, vegetarian etc etc.

I opted for a gluten free, lactose free veggie club sandwich which had hummus, roasted peppers and herby tomatoes, it was delicious. The gluten free bread was excellent and tasted homemade rather than the homogenous varieties that you can get in a supermarket. My husband had the cheese savoury sandwich and we both shared a large bowl of home made chunky chips. With tea and fresh coffee the bill was £16 which we thought was very reasonable for the quality of food that we were served.

The service, quality and ambiance of the cafe was lovely, it was very calm, friendly and we will certainly be returning and using this cafe as one of regular haunts when we head to Penrith shopping.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Ham sandwich was absolutely divine and the surroundings of the cafe very inviting. Friendly service and good value for money.

Visited August 2014
Northern England
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Food at The Lemon Tree is consistently good. The service is polite and friendly. The prices are fair. I eat here fairly often and have nothing bad to say. I've only eaten at lunchtimes but would have no hesitation in visiting for an evening meal.

Visited July 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A bit of an identity crisis...cafe or bistro?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Visited yesterday on my way through Penrith with my wife for morning coffee. The coffee was very good and very reasonably priced. We liked it so much that we returned later and had coffee with a cheese scone and lemon drizzle cake. Unfortunately the scone did not match the quality of the coffee and the cake was possibly the smallest portion I have had for a long time. There were some meals on offer which I felt fell within the bounds of traditional cafe fare but short of what I would expect to find in a good bistro. However, it would appear to be popular with local shoppers as it was quite busy. The service was excellent.

• Visited August 2014