“Brilliant Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I went to Angel Lane Recently and the staff we exemplary absolutely faultless..... the elderly lady upstairs was brilliant to chat to with a lot of local knowledge... the only fault is the fact that she didn't leave us alone to eat our food in peace....... the staff downstairs were simply superb... I think the chef/cook was named Tom.... he was brilliant an amazing knowledge of the fish and other choices on the menu including the location and he could recommend places to eat away from the café if we wanted to eat outside...... the lady on the counter was very chatty and friendly we were made to feel right at home ... nothing we asked for was a problem in fact my elderly father even got a hand in and out of the door by the staff.... I can not recommend Angel Lane Chippie enough..... thank you for an amazing meal and lovely service

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

england
“Food ok but staff need a few tips on manners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this chippie twice on our visits to Penrith
The food is ok but have had better in lesser places.
We had our dog with us so we had to wait for an outside table as there are only two .
We ordered food and drinks which we were quite happy with and spent nearly ten pounds.
We asked if they had a toilet facility and the girl directed us upstairs .... The guy I met on the stairs was quite rude when I said I was just looking for the toilet....... ."
"It's only for cafe customers "was his reply .
"But we are eating outside cos we have the dog "I said.
"Only for cafe customers "was his curt reply and he disappeared .
I was fuming at his attitude .
Needless to say we will not be going there again.
The food is overrated and we did not like the discrimination.
We could have had a plate of chips each upstairs and been allowed to wash our hands. ....spend a tenner outside and you get nowt ..except rudeness.
In fact the rubbish bin outside was overflowing too ... They wouldn't have the rubbish off their own tables...we had to look for a council provided bin.
They can whistle for custom from us now.
My party of pensioners for next weekend will go elsewhere .

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Good fish and chips.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Enjoyed the fish and chips which were reasonably priced. We ate in the cafe up the stairs, the floor had the remnants of an earlier diner's meal but to be fair it was late in the day and they were still busy so can forgive them this time! The waitress was pleasant and the service was quick.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
“Good quality chippie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Twice had haddock and chips to eat at the table outside on alternate evenings, so obviously wasn't that bad.

Not in the top league of some chippies I have eaten at, but reasonably good food and good value in a pleasant location in the town. Nice to be able to eat outside in the lane, but only two tables and the lane can be a bit of a wind funnel.

Apparently there is also seating upstairs, but this is not very clear from the outside. I thought the 'cafe open' sign referred to the two tables in the lane and only realised they had inside facilities when I was queuing at the back of the shop on the second visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle
“Great little chippie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Popped in today to get some much needed nourishment. The place has friendly service, great chips and steak pie to die for! I'd highly recommend them to anyone!

• Visited June 2013