“Nice place warm and comforting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 132 restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Penrith's Ultra Stylish Bar & Brasserie. Open all day for lunch, drinks, cakes and dinner. We pride ourselves in top quality service and the very best of local produce on our menu. Set in the heart of Penrith across from the Bus station it very well located with good access for all with lots of car parking. visit our website and check out some of our cracking mid week deals.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice place warm and comforting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

As a whole a nice place to eat or drink.
Friendly warm and comfortable.
Food was good and everybody happy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Just had a lovely evening at the foundry, the staff were extremely helpful and even though they were extremely busy nothing was to big an ask. The food was well beautiful and I will definitely back. Thank you to the team at the foundry for such a lovely evening.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
N.Wales
“Nice, but where was the food?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We went on a Tuesday evening on the spur of the moment, pursuded by the 2 courses for £11.95 offer.
It started well, pleasent staff comfortable surroundings and the starter was good, my wife had the goats cheese crotin, I had the ribs. Good flavour and well presented.
We both decided on the roast belly pork next, delivered to the table in good time, nicely
presented, lovely flavour, but, I thought I'd stepped into an episode of 'The Taste' where chefs are judged on 1 spoonful of food! Don't get me wrong, it tasted great but I did expect more than a 2 inch square of pork, 2 table spoons of mash and 4 micro carrots.
To be fair, the table next to us had ordered the burger and that looked great so I'd go with that if I ever went again. So my advice would be unless you like burgers or playing hunt the meal I'd try somewhere else.'

Visited January 2014
Foundry T, Manager at Foundry 34, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello
Thank you for you feedback.
All I can say is you must have a good appetite, as normally people say there was way too much and apologise for not eating it all.
We pride ourselves on providing a excellent service with a good quality home cooked meals from scratch.
I apologise if we disappointed you on this visit.
On your next visit, if you would like to make yourself known we would be happy to advise on larger portioned dishes that will satisfy your hunger.
Kind Regards
Dan
(Manager)
Cumbria, England
“Great lunch time venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We visited for lunch on New Years Eve as a couple and a young child, the restaurant has nice atmosphere and very clean and not to busy at the time we went. I had the chicken and bacon burger which looked a little on the small size when it arrived but because the chicken breast was substantial I found it to be plenty, my partner had the caesar salad which she said was very nice but would have liked a little more dressing but as she didnt ask we cannot hold that against them. Our five year old was pleased because they had crayons and colouring sheets which is always a nice touch and he had a childs burger which was a good size for what he needed. A had a large cappaccino which was nice but more a standard size compared with other places. An enjoyable lunch and will be going back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A must go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Eaten here a number of times, the food is amazing there are no other words for it. Great staff, great atmosphere and great value for money

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Foundry T, Owner at Foundry 34, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind review.
I am glad to hear that you enjoy dining with us.
we look forward to seeing you again soon.