My wife and I stayed just one night at this hotel (actually more a pub with rooms) and can't comment on the food other than the breakfast, as we ate out. However we were a bit disappointed with the place given the relatively high room price.
- friendly staff
- cosy bar with open fires
- OK breakfast
Not so good:
- only a standard double bed (most places these days have king size, surely?)
- the room (No 4 of 6) was tatty and not that large
- no draft beer - all pressurised stuff
- the car park and the approach to the main entrance were treacherous due to snow and ice which made it like a skating rink. However, no-one had bothered to try and clear it away or even spread some grit. We weren't the only guests who commented on the lack of care here ...
Overall, the place seemed to be quietly stagnating.
- Also Known As:
- Brantwood Country Hotel Penrith, UK - Lake District
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Brantwood Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.