“A real gem of a find!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A real gem of a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

stayed nearby on a walking weekend with a group of friends and soon made this our local before heading into Keswick for the night. Didn't eat but the food looked magnificent and the tables were always full which is a good sign. Booking early was recommended. Fleur who worked behind the bar was great company and offered a fab service aided by having a great knowledge of musicals! Fleur particularly went out of her way when a member of our group became illl through his diabetes. Fleur with her knowledge of nutrition ensured he ate appropriately to restore his levels and soon restored his health. Thank you Fleur. hope to visit again soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Walked in at 605pm to be abruptly told 'we are full'. Not a brilliant first impression. The waitress then walked away so I waited for her to come back so I could make further enquires. I asked if we could wait for a table to be told once again very abruptly 'you will be waiting ages we have only just started serving'. Ok, I appreciate it was busy but as we were in Keswick all week and this was the first day of our holiday we decided not to bother with this place again, there is no excuse for poor manners. Claims to be dog friendly but you cannot book a table in the bar area where dogs are allowed so its just pot luck. My advice try the Dog and Gun, great service and friendly staff!

Visited May 2014
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Great pub, fab food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Didn't even know this pub existed until a couple of month ago (we're Cumbrian born and bred), looked up for somewhere for Sunday Lunch on trip advisor following a long journey home up the M6 to West Cumbria, stopped again this month and told everyone about it! Sunday lunch is great and lots of fab things on the menu too. Staff and regulars really friendly too, just remember to book if there's more than a couple of you, we've been lucky when stopping on spec.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield UK
“Busy pub good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

was recommended this pub by our hosts at our B&B (Larrys Lodge) The pub was busy and we had our dogs with us so sat outside for our meals which were really tasty and good value. Dogs are allowed in the pub but are restricted to the bar area which was full and as the weather was quite warm we were happy to sit outside, i am glad we did.

Visited May 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Gigantic and delicious beef and ale pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My beef and ale pie was something I will remember for a long time! It was twice the size I expected, and it was gorgeous. I had it with vegetables and chips - a huge meal!! Despite the fact that we also share the camembert starter, I managed to finish my main, simply because it was so good. I would recommend this pub to anyone in the area - and would definitely recommend booking. We had the good sense to do this, and got the last table available for that night. I'm very glad we did, as it was within walking distance of our cottage and made for a lovely evening! I would love to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere