“Disappointed ” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Sports
9 attraction reviews
“Disappointed ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

As per previous comments, parking and the finer points of how much it cost and when and where you pay is TOTALLY confusing. You do get your money back tho as long as u use the right machines.

I was annoyed at having to wait for 25 mins just to get into the pool. The man on reception was perfectly nice, but seemed fairly slow / incompetent at the job in hand. We were only going for an hour, and the price for myself and my seven year old was £9 ish, but the pricing is very odd. It would benefit from saying £5 straight or something similar. I suppose the benefit is though, that there isn't particularly a time limit on the length of time you can stay.

There was a complete melee in the pool, and there were things being thrown all over the place. I was bumped into a lot by excited kids. The wave machine only came on once in the 1.25 hours we were there, although the siren indicating waves was sounded twice, so that left my little boy a bit disappointed. There seemed to be no rhyme nor reason as to the timing of the waves.

The changing room hair driers were inadequate and the showers didn't stay on for any longer than 30 seconds. As a relative local (from west cumbria), I was really disappointed with this visit.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Don't go if you want to swim”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Went with a 4 yr old, a baby and three other adults. Firstly you need GCSE maths to work out just how much you need to pay to park. My tip..just pay the £5 and get it returned when you enter the pool. We queued for over 20 mins to get in. There were only a dozen in front of us but the 10p entrance fee for local children took an age to process. Two staff on reception. One worked and the other hovered. Just bad management of the system. Once inside I was met with the melee of a mixed age, mixed gender changing facility that I was not entirely comfortable with, it was a bit of a free for all. The pool itself is quite large but length swimming is impossible as firstly it is not designed for this and also being in the summer holiday the pool was full of adults with babies or youngsters. It was very noisy and I felt not as clean as it may be. I am not sure how this facility is used during the day during term time as it does not appear to be designed for real swimmers or in fact children learning to swim. On the plus side there is a great water slide but the queue was about 25 mins. Once again I felt this was baldly managed. One person at the bottom controlled access which was only granted once the previous person had completed the slide. A person with a toddler could take several minutes to complete the cycle. A person at the top could have controlled the down access, working in tandem with a person below controlling the up access. This would maintain safety, which obviously would be a priority and the reason for only one person at a time using the slide. It is a good 'play' facility for families with young children who are resident or visiting but as a visitor myself I feel the planners have got it wrong. The Lake District is a place where people who visit or reside locally may want to actually swim in a pool. A visit to Penrith really isn't an option.....

Worthing, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Toddler time was great for my 18 month old”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My 18 month old loved toddler time. He needed his wetsuit tho as it was only a little warmer than a normal swimming pool. It was excellent vale at £5.50 for my husband and I and our son but be aware that you have to pay again if you want to stay for the next session.
Lots of floats, waterfalls, slides etc but worth arriving early and getting out of the pool early as it was very popular!

Keswick, United Kingdom
“DIRTY !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff BUT changing rooms, toilets, showers, pool and side of pool areas were VERY DIRTY. Toilets were practically over flowing and would not flush. Changing rooms need a good clean or refurb as very dirty and looked like they had not been cleaned properly for sometime !! Sides of pool filthy. Shower area had blocked drains, clogged with hair etc. Pool very gritty under foot and sharp in places. Extremely overcrowded. Overall very disappointing.

York,England
4 attraction reviews
“We should have known better..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Wet Sunday in August in Lake District so leisure pool seemed a good option...no doubt to the entire population of Keswick. i simply can't believe how many people the managers let in to this facility. it was beyond crammed..almost dangerous. if going please ask before paying what the occupancy is.