“Simply the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout, Street Food
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have been coming to this sandwich shop each time we visit Keswick.
Spot on!
Lots of choices and great service (apart from the one lad that served me at the weekend - bit slow and not much personality, but I can't let that spoil the rest of the visits I have made there).
Loyalty card available to collect stamps for a free sandwich.
I wish we had one where I live! :)

Visited July 2014

Austin, Texas
“Excellent sandwiches, freshly prepared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were directed to this shop by the proprietor of the nearby cheese shop. The sandwiches were excellent -- fresh ingredients, good prices. We took these sandwiches on our walks into the Lake District scenic spots -- great walks and great lunch! We had several of the veggie sandwiches and the pulled pork sandwich. What a treat! This is a take-out place. Sandwiches were efficiently made with a smile.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect to take on a hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I loved that this shop opened at 8 AM since my B&B didn't serve breakfast until 8:30... I could pick up custom made-to-order sandwiches for that day's hike, then go back for breakfast, and then set out after that. Get a BBQ chicken on french bread with feta cheese - my own creation - cucumbers optional.

Visited June 2014
Keswick, United Kingdom
“Best Sandwiches in Keswick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great little spot if you are looking for a quick bite whilst in town or something to take walking with you. So much to choose from and everything is fresh! Made in front of you, and very quick too! Pulled pork and coleslaw is the bees knees!

Visited April 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“No fingers please!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Although the sandwiches were very tasty and well wrapped for our long walk, I was stunned to see the assistant pick up the meat and salad with her fingers! She then went over to the till to handle the cash. Yuk. She wasn't overly pleasant either which is unusual in Keswick as we found staff everywhere else very helpful and happy to talk.

Visited April 2014
greenyjones, Owner at The Lakeland Sandwich Shop, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your comments on our shop.. We were disappointed to see that you were not happy with the hygiene aspect of the shop. If I am right I think you were worried about food being handled after staff had touched money. All our staff are trained/instructed to wash their hands after handling money ie before touching food again. This is standard practice in the industry and is more hygienic than wearing plastic gloves if they are not changed after every customer. As we have said to previous comments, please speak up when you are in the shop. No offence will be taken and we want customers to be happy. As for the unpleasant staff member, we have taken on a number of new staff. There is a lot to remember for new starters (there are about 9 questions to every sandwich) but this is not an excuse for rudeness. Your review is on the staff notice board, so hopefully this will not be repeated