“Little gem” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 113 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: An art gallery with a difference, Treeby & Bolton houses a wide range of contemporary art, fine china and glass alongside unique gifts and interiors. Situated downstairs from the gallery, the cafe is stylish and contemporary and offers a tempting selection of cakes, light bites and world class coffee.A delicious range of cakes, bakes, and homemade scones served with jam and cream make the perfect tea-time treat. For lunch try Treeby's signature platters of local meats, fish or cheese, a tasty hot pie or a fluffy omelette. Enjoy your favourite coffee made with Square Mile’s Red Brick Espresso - now available to take out.
“Little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Found this Tea room completely by accident. Amazing cakes...and the other food looked great although not sampled on this occasion. However if your a big coffee drinker don't go for the americano...it's only a small cup and the caffatiere is also a weaker one cup coffee...:-/ shop/gallery above is nice to peruse

Visited June 2014

leyland
“Lovely find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

In short this place has lovely food for lunch, brilliant cakes and fantastic staff who work really hard and provide great efficient service. Well done!

leeds
“Disappointing return visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have been here previously but were really disappointed on our last visit . There were six of us and our order came in 3 separate offers and was very slow . Apologies were in short supply . The food was good but the service needs to improve as Keswick is a very competitive place .

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Quality food well presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The cafe is down a flight of stairs within the shop and gallery.
The tables are soon taken. Good food, well presented in pleasant surroundings. Civilised clientelle and it has a pleasant atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
Maryport, United Kingdom
“Brie way or Highway !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have used this lovely place on several occasions as it has a lovely ambiance ,quality food and priced accordingly for Keswick ,I felt standards where slipping on a previous visit but just put it down to one of those days but when my wife and I invited our daughter to lunch on Sunday 01/06/14 she was looking forward to it as she had not been to T&B. Every thing started well got drinks , decided what to order , I asked for the Platter which has 2 cheeses one being Brie , I looked at the menu and saw there was different types of cheeses on other dishes so I thought great I will asked for the the Brie to be changed for one of the other cheeses....... simples ! er no, I was told in no uncertain terms you have Brie and that's it, I was gobsmacked for a establishment at the higher end of culinary experience in Keswick I found this totally unacceptable there was no explanation and no effort made to help for an alternative, the lady stood there waiting for me to order another meal as it was not her problem, my table was close to the till so I did not want to cause a scene as it spoil my daughter's experience, I ordered the meat platter.
When the food arrived I was kept waiting for my dish for 5 minutes I told my wife and daughter to start, when mine arrived looked as it should but the thin sliced meat was not up to scratch , I don't know if supplier changed or cook getting lackadaisical , I feel that maybe T & B have got a little complacent which is a shame as you are only as good as your last meal ! one observation I have noticed that on my last 2 visits the lady with white hair was not on duty I don't know if she is in charge but when she is on duty a tight ship is run.Its a shame to be parting company with this ship but hopefully things will get back to Tip-Top ways.

• Visited June 2014