“Very enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 98 Restaurants in Keswick
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: An art gallery with a difference, Treeby & Bolton houses a wide range of contemporary art, fine china and glass alongside unique gifts and interiors. Situated downstairs from the gallery, the cafe is stylish and contemporary and offers a tempting selection of cakes, light bites and world class coffee.A delicious range of cakes, bakes, and homemade scones served with jam and cream make the perfect tea-time treat. For lunch try Treeby's signature platters of local meats, fish or cheese, a tasty hot pie or a fluffy omelette. Enjoy your favourite coffee made with Square Mile’s Red Brick Espresso - now available to take out.
Cornwall
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were actually looking for a Sunday lunch, but caught sight of the menu and opted for a lighter snack. We were lucky to get a table straight away - the rest of the time it was packed. Food was delicious. Although the portions were not huge, this meant we could indulge in some cake and sticky toffee pudding and still manage to get up Walla Crag afterwards! Service was what you would expect from a busy cafe and the staff were pleasant and efficient.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ambleside, United Kingdom
“Aladdins Cave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in Keswick visiting the local market and I thought I'd pop in and take a gander at Treeby & Bolton Cafe. The name is quite confusing and completely misrepresents this fascinating shop. I didn't realise that china cups could be so cool but a great selection on offer to suit all tastes. At the back 3 high walls were adorned with some really cool art works. In the nooks and crannies display stands covered with interesting quality goods like jewellery? I found a small stand of the most amazing quality bags and rucksacks too.

So where's the cafe come in? Well situated downstairs was this very busy cafe..difficult to find a place to sit until I lovely couple offered me a spare seat. Well what to order! Definitely tea and cake. The tea was great and a very generous slice of a melt in the mouth chocolate thing going on...was thinking about second helping...but no, back up stairs and bought a fab water basin for my mum. Of course being the lovely son I am it got me a lot of Brownie points.

Was there anything negative not really. This is not a cheap shop, but this is quality and it shows. The staff were friendly. The shop was well lit. Probably not the best laid out displays, but if you love rooting around then you won't mind.

I would recommend a visit but take your credit card and you really must check out the cafe.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ossett, United Kingdom
“A good visit, but have had better times here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Paid a visit here before commencing a walk around Derwent Water and always like coming to this cafe due to the decor and seating. By having a gallery upstairs the cafe is very stylish and it is great to view. The cakes on offer look stunning, but decided to opt for soup before the walk. I have had some great soups here, but this time it was mushroom and tarragon. Unfortunately, it was quite watery as the mushrooms had probably been soaked beforehand and so had absorbed a lot of water. I will always look to visit here each time I come to Keswick, as there is nowhere else as stylish, but will look to opt for something else to eat....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Cafe under a great gallery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The food here is very special for a 'fast food' cafe, almost full when we arrived at around 1 O'clock service was fast and efficient. Making 'Coronation Chicken' appear different takes some doing but this was easily achieved with some panache. The puddings looked good, but with a meal booked in the evening we had to pass on the lemon meringue. Coffee in plunger cafetiere was also good. Will have to return without the planned evening meal.

Visited September 2013
Scarborough
“Disappointed this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We used Treeby's last November and were impressed. Made a special effort to revisit on a miserablely wet September day and were disappointed this time. The cake and coffees were OK but what spoilt it was the impatience and coolness to the point of frostyness of the Staff. They could take some lessons from the Staff in our favourite cafes in our home town of Scarborough (see my other reviews).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sue H, Owner at Treeby & Bolton Cafe, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your most recent visit and appreciate you taking the time to review – we have taken on board your comments and will address this in our training. This said I would implore you (and all of our customers) to ask to speak to the manager if you have any issues or comments that would make managing our business more efficient/customer friendly etc.

We do try very hard, and our team works very hard - and whilst we take all feedback seriously and it can be difficult to remedy some issues after the day (particularly if the date of the visit isn’t mentioned). So please, if you have the time and the patience we really would welcome the opportunity to speak with all our customers in person.

We hope you come back and give us another go.

Best wishes,