We booked a B&B to stay in for 3 nights in Keswick and chose the best room available. We've stayed in Keswick a lot but never found the Stonegarth before - we'll definitely be back! We travelled by train and called ahead to check the owners would be in - our room was already ready which meant we could leave our bags and get on with enjoying our trip. The room was beautiful and hotel quality - a generous 4 poster and well decorated. IN the bathroom there was a double jacuzzi bath and even a TV! A lovely touch was the fact that there was a small fridge in the wardrobe
which meant there was fresh milk for the tea - much better than UHT which you get in most places. It's these small touches which make a real difference. There was also a small glass of sherry each, and glasses and a corkscrew should you choose to bring your own wine in.
Breakfast was also lovely with locally sourced bacon, eggs and sausages, and there was also a choice to have scrambled eggs with mackerel.
We'll definitely be back!
- Also Known As:
- Stonegarth Guest House Hotel Keswick
- Stonegarth Guest House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Probably the best B & B in Keswick. A house full of character set in peaceful surroundings yet just a three minute walk from the town centre. Luxury, spacious rooms all with kingsize beds. The contempory and chic Premier rooms have four posters ensuite with double 14 jet spa baths, drench showers and bathroom television, just perfect for that romantic stay. Excellent food. Guaranteed car parking space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Stonegarth Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.