“Authentic Thai experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Stourbridge
“Authentic Thai experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I chose to eat here on a recent visit to Keswick. We booked on the strength of Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. This restaurant is a little gem! It's like eating at a friend's house. The people are charming and very willing to explain the dishes. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming and the service is excellent. I chose the duck spring rolls for starter and my wife chose the spicy crab fish cakes. Both dishes were very tasty. For main course I went with the salmon and prawn curry and my wife had the seasonal fish curry. These dishes were fantastic and full of flavour. We ended the evening with a sticky rice pancake which was delicious. All in all a memorable evening with lovely hosts and delicious food. Looking forward to a return visit to sample other dishes on the menu.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Norwich, United Kingdom
“This is one of the best Thia Meals I have had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This restaurant is actually a B&B but on the evening they cook true northern thia food, and to a great standard. As you would expect the owner is from Thia land and that is why the food is so good!!
We had booked well in advance but for some reason they didn't have confirmation of our booking but when we had phoned a few days before just to check they did manage to get us booked in half an hour earlier, which was fine with us so no harm done!
They don't have a drinks licence so make sure you take your own drink, there is a small corkage charge of £3! Also you need to order a minimum of 2 courses but with the food so good why would you want less then 2 courses.
We ate here the year before and the starters this year seemed much better for some reason, my wife had the spicey soup and I had red curry spring rolls and they were excellent.
For the main coures I ordered a red curry with Chicken and my wife a green curry with pork and well as rice and some noddles, the flavours just bounce around in your mouth and leave you wanting to eat it all again. we didn't have a dessert as the starter and main were more than enough.
We had coffee to finish the meal off and you don't get a small cup you get a full pot of coffee, which was lovely.
This couple work really hard to ensure you enjoy the great food and the atmosphere!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very Enjoyable Authenic Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My Wife and I booked a table in advance for a meal when holidaying in Keswick, we were met with a warm welcome from the Husband and Wife team, and were seated at a pleasant window table.

We have visited Thailand many times and eaten in numerous Thai Restaurants, so were interested to see the menu contained a all the normal dishes plus a few starters that we had not spotted on other restaurant menus.

We went for the home made Thai meatballs with spicy dip and the spicy minced pork won tons, both were lovely and left our taste buds tingling. The main meals of fillet beef in oyster sauce and fillet beef in red curry, accompanied by sticky rice and Thai noodles with bean sprouts, all had a lovely authentic taste and were thoroughly enjoyed, although the beef would have benefited from slightly less cooking.

We enjoyed the meal and will definitely be back.

Thank you for a great start to our holiday in Keswick.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
richatki, Owner at A Taste of Thailand Restaurant at Shemara Guest House, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
thank you for your visit , we are pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and hope you can return in the future.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had a lovely meal with average thai food and a comfortable atmosphere. The staff were warm and welcoming and overall, we had a lovely time. However, service was a little slow even though there was hardly anyone in the restarunt

Visited June 2014
“Great, authentic Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I are here a few nights ago and had a really great meal. My roasted duck in red curry sauce was thoroughly enjoyable and had a perfect spicy kick to it. My girlfriend also really enjoyed her chicken curry.

We had a nice chat with the Thai lady and her daughter after our meal and they were so friendly and chatty, really makes a difference to the dining experience.

This is a lovely, cosy restaurant. If you like Thai food and you're in keswick, you will not regret a visit. (Best book in advance as not many tables).

Thank you for your visit and your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your evening and hope to welcome you back.