“Not really that good at all!” 2 of 5 stars

017687 71171
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 113 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Maryport, United Kingdom
“Not really that good at all!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I took my friend there last weekend as it looked really nice from the outside and had an excellent review from Trip Advisor on the door.
Service was very poor despite only two tables being used.
Tea was served in coffe pot.
Knives, spoons and forks were handed to us by the waitress with her fingers all over the 'eating' end.
No serviiettes provided.
No hot milk for coffee provided
Waitress complaining that 'the woman' presumably the owner never tells them what is available - not good dissing the boss!
4 people huddled in the kitchen, but we had to ask twice for the bill and wait ages for it to arrive.
We did not leave a tip, but here is one for you - go somewhere else instead

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We decided that 17 again looked quirky and interesting and after just arriving in Keswick we thought the allure of the decor was enough for us to go in ...... What a shame.
The service was poor, it was obvious the girl had no real experience in serving. I asked what the soup was to which she replied " I don't know I will ask" bearing in mind this was 3pm I should have at that point realised it wasn't coming from a soup pot but more than likely out a can! The soup was meant to be vegetable but tasted nothing like it and my partner had a toastie which was average. I left the whole bowl of soup and when we were paying we did not even get a thank you after handing over the money. Much nicer places available don't be drawn in by the decor.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Need proper service - could be good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Empty but could see a guy in the back room who shouted he would be out soon - big sure what hd was doing. Coffee was OK. Had to go looking for him agsin to Pay. Felt totally unwelcome.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Be patient, it's worth it :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were told to try this place as it was known for being quirky. I think we would have just walked past it otherwise.
Upon entry there were no staff to be seen and we were not sure if we were in a shop or café or both. My partner and I sat down but did wonder if anyone would appear. We saw many other people pop in, look around confused and walk back out. We looked at the menu and eventually a young bloke came out to take our order. He wasn't very enthusiastic or welcoming but was friendly enough. The food was gorgeous and beautifully presented. There were very nice touches such as heart shaped shortbread biscuits with our coffee. I would go again purely for the food but not the service. I really hope that someone will start greeting people when they enter as they will go out of business if not and it would be a real shame.

Visited August 2013
North lincolnshire
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Quick, friendly service even at a busy time and great food reasonably priced. We went back the following night, just for dessert!

Visited September 2013