“Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 181 Keswick B&B and Inns
Hatfield, PA
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My 2 friends and I were booked at this perfect little B&B during a 3-day bus tour around the Lake District. We were given the family room which was comfortable with a bed for each of us. For breakfast, I had the delicious Full English Breakfast which was made even more delicious with Annie's own homemade jam!

Annie and Dennis are the friendliest and most patient B&B proprietors that I've ever encountered. I felt like I was being taken care of by my Mum :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
south shields
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have just returned fro Keswick after a 2 day break and again stayed at Dorchester House. I had stayed there last August on my own for a couple of nights when I went over to Keswick walking. This time it was with my partner and my brother and his wife. Anne and Dennis are very welcoming and the breakfasts are fabulous - so much choice and nothing is a bother to them. They run the place very efficiently though and breakfast is to a tight schedule of 8.30 to 9am only - they had to knock some guests up out of bed as they were a few minutes late! This time our room was on the 2nd floor (I had previously stayed in the single room on the first floor) and to be honest it could have done with a bit of TLC. Although the bedding, towels etc are spotless the room itself was rather dusty in places and the toilet was electric and rather noisy on each flush. However, all in all I would recommend Dorchester House, very good value for money, centrally situated and very homely welcome from the owners.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
BIngley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We booked into this lovely B&B with friends who had stayed here previously. Anne and Dennis made us all feel very welcome. The bedrooms were recently decorated, very tasteful and spotlessly clean! Breakfast is the best quality we've ever had in a guesthouse. Fresh fruit, well cooked breakfast and even homemade jam! We were all well set-up for a day's walking! Couldn't recommend the Dorchester House highly enough.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed at the Dorchester House for the New Year weekend where we were warmly welcomed by Anne and Dennis. Our room was clean, very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent, serving local produce with a personal touch. Ideal central location with easy, flat, short walk to shops/bars. Lovely house, lovely hosts, hope to be back soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Booked at the last minute, this B&B turned out to be a little gem. Warm, spotlessly clean, welcoming, with lovely hosts Anne and Dennis who looked after so well while still offering that freedom that if seldom seem when staying in a small B&B. Not so small really, the Dorchester is a beautiful house retaining its old style charm and quality. The breakfasts are also the best I have had in any B&B in Keswick and we have been going there for many many years!
A big thank you to the owners for a lovely New Year break - will certainly be back this year.

Room Tip: Book early I imagine, we were in a smaller room but could see some of the others which looked very i...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
winteringham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The second time we've stayed here this year, Ann & Dennis again were very welcoming and friendly, very clean rooms all with tea & coffee making facilities and good breakfast, very close to town centre, would recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have stayed many times at Dorchester House and feel I should tell everyone what a gem of a B&B it is. Beautifully decorated and comfortable beds/rooms, a tasty and very well presented breakfast sets you up for a day in the hills.
Dennis & Ann are extremely friendly & welcoming with lots of hints and advice on how to enjoy your stay in the Lakes to the full.
I always look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: All rooms that I have used are of the same high quality.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Dorchester House? Share your experiences!