“Charming B&B with a Warm Welcome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yew Tree House

Yew Tree House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Yew Tree House
You added Yew Tree House to your Saves list
28 Eskin Street, Keswick CA12 4DG, England   |
Ranked #91 of 181 Keswick B&B and Inns
Cradley Heath
“Charming B&B with a Warm Welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in this delightful bed and breakfast. We were warmly welcomed by Judith & Robert, who were friendly and helpful throughout our short stay. The room was comfortable, tastefully furnished with attention to detail, and impeccably clean. A copious full English breakfast, with a vegetarian option, was provided, in addition to toast, cereals, yoghurt, and fresh fruit, tea and coffee. The B&B is well situated, near the centre of the charming town of Keswick, located on Derwent Water, and within easy reach of the surrounding area, and the rest of the Lake District. I can wholeheartedly and unreservedly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

A really lovely b and b. We stayed for just one night as a stop over and booked last minute. The owners couldn't be more helpful, the decor in the house is lovely and the breakfast was a generous portion. I would recommend to anyone. Also Keswick is a really nice little town.

• Stayed June 2012
UK and Worldwide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I phoned the tourist information centre in Keswick to find out who might have single rooms available near the town centre. From the short-list I was given, the Yew Tree House was the first I phoned, and they had a room free for the following night. It was a comfortable place and I appeared to be the only person staying there. I was offered an early breakfast, for which I'm always very grateful. A shame I couldn't have stayed longer, but this was simply a case of me passing through and needing only a basic B&B deal. I was surprised to find anywhere offering this for less than £30, and if I ever need to stay in Keswick again I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I used this accomodation on 22/10/11 . Overnight stay, after attending my son's wedding at Thornthwaite Church.
Nice cosy room.TV and hot drinks were supplied(plenty of everything). Very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was lovely, the best fried bread I have had ever.Plenty of coffee.
Judith was so homely.
This accomodation comes very highly recommended

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
North East UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I grew up in Keswick as a child and wanted to take my husband to see keswicks beautiful surroundings. We arrived nearly 2 hours later than Planned. Awaiting us at 11pm was a cup of tea and some yummy chocolates ! Lovely host , lovely clean room and lovely breakfast! I could not fault this B&B and we will make sure we go back !

• Stayed August 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Excellent location. Knowledgeable hosts provided local info, maps, advice etc. Charming beautifully decorated rooms in old house. Delicious breakfast served. Easy walking distance to town centre.

• Stayed September 2011
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Felt at home as soon as I walked in the door, and Bob and Judith did everything in their powers to make sure I had a comfortable stay from maps and information over trails to helping me get my hands on boots (I had forgotten mine). Some of my best memories are from the long, interesting discussions with Bob and the other guest over a delicious, extensive breakfast. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and always well stocked with tea and other treats. Although I did not have bathroom in my room, which had been my initial concern, with a sink in the room I never had to wait for any of the other facilities. I would recommend the Yew Tree B&B to any of my friends and will definitely stay there when I return to Keswick.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Yew Tree House? Share your experiences!