“Good food, but at a slightly high price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: English, International, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Katowice, Slaskie, Poland
“Good food, but at a slightly high price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The food here never fails to disappoint and the 3 course deal is fantastic. If you are going a-la-carte, however, it is a little on the pricey side. All in all though well worth a visit!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cumbria, England
“Good concept but need to improve their standard of cooking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have visited this restaurant 3 times. The first was fine but nothing special and the second was disappointing: both main courses were overdone, in one case burnt. I decided to give it another try and unfortunately it will be my last visit to Deja Vu. I like the concept of an interesting, set priced three course meal. However, the standard of cooking lets this place down. My main course of vegetable roulade was dense, tasteless and extremely unpleasant. It was nothing like a roulade should be. The trio of desserts looked beautiful but there were basic faults with the mousse. Service was perfectly adequate and brisk. The waitress politely asked if I had enjoyed my meal and, when I told her I did not, said she would feed back my comments to the chef. As I said, I won't be going back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Crowded, but genuine, French bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Excellent food and service right in the heart of town. Good fish, genuine owners and excellent service.

Visited August 2014
Kendal
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

You can easily have 3 courses without having to pay any supplements. There are some great choices and specials menu. 16 main courses with only 6 having a supplement. We have paid a lot more than £17.95 for one course let alone 3!

I had black pudding salad topped with a poached egg, pork fillet (supp £4) wrapped in pancetta, with green beans & potatoes, 2 huge scoops of sorbet. My daughter had Camembert in brick pastry with salad, duck and the assiette of desserts.

It was really tasty, good music, just the right amount of time between courses. We will return!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montrose, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous meal here on Sunday. Sad we only found it on our last night as previous dining attempts were a bit of a let down in Kendal. However, please give Deja Vu a try you will not be disappointed.

Visited August 2014