“The very BEST!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 113 restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Ideal for romantic meal and business meating or family meal, we cater for partys for birthdays wedding
“The very BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Congratulation guys! You have made this the best Indian restaurant I have ever visited. Fantastic menu and creative dishes with first class service and atmosphere. I am now a regular for takeaways and sit down meals. The Ghandi Special is my favourite dish, well done Ahmed!!

Ahmed and Jay make sure everyone feels special and would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Thanks and best regards

Mike (Ghandi Special and a garlic naan please!)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Kendal, United Kingdom
“A cut above the rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had a takeaway one night, it was for our wedding anniversary, if I had known it was going to be so good I would have gone to eat in considering the occasion. It was that good I had to go back again the next night. I was particularly impressed with the fact that the Tandoori dishes did not seem to be utilise food colourings. The best Indian food I have had in Kendal since I moved here 18 years ago. When I lived in Lancashire I used to visit Rusholme quite often, the food was definitley on par with anything I've eaten there. The menu is interesting and different compared to other restaurants which is one of the things that intrigued me, but all the favourites are still there (the Madras I had was perfect) and I fully intend to work my way through all the dishes at some point. Keep up the good work, Jay & Co.

London
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Six of us had a fantastic meal here. Read other recent reviews on Tripadvisor and they are accurate. This restaurant has been opened now for eight weeks and is well worth a visit. Interesting and unusual menu choices along with old favourites. Really attentive service from Jay and his team.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kendal
“2nd & 3rd visits just as good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Have been back twice more since my original review and it is as good, if not better, than our first visit. Great to have a really good local Indian again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely fantastic, and great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I had a small family meal there tonight for my birthday, the food was brillient, one of the best curries I have had, really tasty, very traditional. The service was brillient, our server (Jay) was lovely, really great guy, great with customers and made sure we where all comfortable, went the extra mile, putting up balloons and banners as they knew it was a birthday, they made sure all of our diatry requirements where met (member of our party is allergic to coconut), really friendly,
Price was briliant, worked out less than £15 a head, for amazing food!

Could not say a bad thing about the place, just wish they had downstairs toilets.
Will be going back soon, and telling everyone about it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere