“a real gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 111 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Grade 2 listed building in the heart of Kendal.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“a real gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stumbled across Relish while looking for somewhere to get some lunch. I was tired and hungry and needed refreshment asap! Relish immediately looked appealing. Staff were friendly and menu extremely varied.

It took me a while to make my mind up but I was very pleased with my baguette with cheese, ham and red onion relish which was extremely tasty and the baguette very fresh. A great big pot of tea finished things off nicely.

I highly recommend this gem of a place. I just wish I had this next door to my office!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We visited Kendal on a rainy day which was truly brightened by discovering Relish. It was immediately attractive with its lovely green shop front and its temping menu in the window.
The food was delicious, I had a jacket potato with homemade hummus (best I have tasted!) and a wonderful salad. My husband had the chilli, which he said was great. I would highly recommend stopping by and would not hesitate to visit again.

Visited June 2014
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Very pleased to just happen upon this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Sometimes your choices can be ruled too much by tripadvisor, and sometimes you just have to go with the flow. On this occasion, we were looking for somewhere to stop for a late snack lunch and liked the look of this place. It was only afterwards that we realised its tripadvisor rating was so good.

There was a bit of a queue at the counter, but we ordered and then went and found a table. Considering how busy the counter looked, our food seemed to come quite quickly. The young girl serving was very friendly and looked after us well. The cake proved irresistable and we shared a slab of something lemony. (Shared about 99:1 lol!)

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
wiltshire
“Decent chilli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stopped here for lunch on our way to the west lakes. Service was ok if a little slow initially to take our order but the takeaway counter was busy at the time. The chilli was really really tasty & my other half enjoyed his sandwich. Would definitely return.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Top quality homemade food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Our second visit to Kendal in the last couple of months and this time we made two trips to Relish.
Lovely fresh homemade food and a warm welcome. The owner obviously enjoys and takes pride in his food and service. We wouldn't go any where else in Kendal for a snack (and the coffee was good too!).

Visited May 2014